PDA

View Full Version : Regions And Provinces Goods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azores
28-06-2004, 20:25
Hi i have a simple question. will every region produce different type of products ???? this being historically correct ??? for example will OPORTO or any region near porduce wine ???

Drake Maethor
28-06-2004, 23:30
The translation for OPORTO is PORT in English. Is the famous Portuguese wine. So azores is just asking if in his beloved Portugal he will have his special beverage.
My answer to you, dear azores is NO, there won't be any PORT, but don't mind, there will be CAIPIRINHA! :p

Talking seriously, yes there are gonna be special resources that depend on the region. But I don't think they would be so specialized as having PORT in Portugal, Jerez in Spain and Whisky in Scotland. I think wine will be just wine.

You also have the EXOTIC resources. Those you cannot produce anywhere in the game map. But you will be able to trade for them in a 3rd level harvor. Those include for example silks from Asia.

You can also read a little more in this thread, altough it haven't got much info.

Let's talk about resources... (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224&highlight=silk)

azores
29-06-2004, 01:48
Thanks man i know it would be impossible to enter in such details but was asking if for example each region will have its special resources and goods like in Europa Universalis2 were for example itc region had its special products for example a region had sugar and an other region produced wine and other agian produced fish .
Will that be possible or all regions will have all type of goods as a basic ? The question is simple i think , Will each region have its special resources and different from other regions ????????????

Angryminer
29-06-2004, 14:40
No, the positions of for example "marble" is chosen randomly at the beginning of the game.
So in one game the province of wales might be known for it's ink-production, and in another game ink can only be produced in byzantinum.

That makes the game very fair and improves the replayability.

Angryminer

azores
29-06-2004, 16:06
Fair enough.

azores
29-06-2004, 16:07
was that confirmed by any devs ???????

Drake Maethor
29-06-2004, 16:17
Maybe there is an option to select this random distribution of goods or to let it be fixed based on historical reasons. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by azores
were for example itc region had its special products for example a region had sugar
Sugar in Europe? :confused:

azores
30-06-2004, 02:17
OHHHHHH Sorry Drake ur right ! no sugar in europe maybe im a little too much explorer i was thinking of brazil lol

Drake Maethor
30-06-2004, 07:02
hahahah no probem!
remembering old days of glory? :p

I think that more than an explorer you have a little conqueror heart. Longing to rebuild the old Portuguese Empire. :p

azores
30-06-2004, 19:14
you guessed :)

Drake Maethor
30-06-2004, 22:59
We should take care of you here at the other side of the Atlantic!

A moment of distraction and we may have an army of azores invading the Brazil and then pushing the fronteer towards the Argentinian fertile plains.
Like in the old days!
Those Portugueses, they don't changue even a little!

azores
02-07-2004, 03:29
Yep maybe an army or two posted on azores islands or cape verde ready for action on the other side of the atlantic and attacking crucial points in brazil first always keeping an eye on argentina and mexico :P :)

Drake Maethor
02-07-2004, 05:44
Btw!
I laugh everytime I see a picture about 'The Treaty of Tordesillas (http://geography.about.com/library/weekly/aa112999a.htm)'
According to this treaty...
At the left of the line, should be the Spanish territories...
At the right, the Portuguese ones (BRAZIL)!
:rofl:

azores
02-07-2004, 21:00
And why does that make u laugh Drake??