PDA

View Full Version : Election

herezjarcha
06-01-2007, 13:42
Hail Conquerors!

At first I thought the game is great, but the furhter my conquest was, the greater was my anger too.
At this moment, my kingdom (Byzantia) has 155 provinces, my "enemies" (harmonious relations) has 5,4,3 and 1 province.
There are no wars currently in Europe, and there hasn't been election since very, very long.
It appears that the only way to become the Emperor of Europe is smash all the enemies or get kin with all kingdoms left and claim the title.

Comment on election:
It is almost impossible to get voice when you are not kin to electing kingdom. It happened maybe three times to me.
Even most trusted allies with the great past of shared victories abstain from voting, when enemies (if kin) vote for me.

- this is disgusting, looks like mafia or politics in postcommunist countries
- after conquering over 140 provinces i proved to be worthy the title, didn't I?

I'am disappointed, it took me over 27 hours of my real life to conquer virtual Europe and it is not going to fall on its knees.

Elvain
06-01-2007, 16:59
To make sure they will vote for you make them vasals.

100% votes are from vasals who are allied with you and have very good relations.
Also if you grat them some province they will most likely vote for you (in combination with alliance and united relations)
I managed to convince some kingdoms which weren't neither my vasals nor kin this way :go:

PS: I'm not sure if the election works ehen there are less than 7 kingdoms

herezjarcha
06-01-2007, 18:05
Thank You for your reply

I think I'd rather make them my citizens than vassals :knight:
But I will remeber your words when playing again.

PS
It's quite strange, why kingdom that should think of its independence gives me my vote, but it makes some sense on the other hand...:scratch:

Elvain
06-01-2007, 20:03
Vasal is subordinated to you, he is some kind of your subject, so I think it makes sense he votes for you :wink: