PDA

View Full Version : supply food between towns

Lord Sandman
30-06-2004, 16:04
Hello! I would like to ask about one thing. Will it be possible to supply starving town with supplies from another city? Something like in old Lords of the Realm 2? I don't think about situation when siege occurs and trading between towns, but generally - when in certain town is lack of food...

Cork2
30-06-2004, 18:16
I am pretty sure you can, you can even buy food for that town.

Angryminer
30-06-2004, 18:52
I think that this should be done automatically.
If a town is nearly out of food the governor should be smart enough to ask the governor of the neighbouring town for some food-suplies.

That is a very realistic model, because usually a whole area lacks food, not a single town.

Angryminer

azores
30-06-2004, 19:21
so each town has a treasury ? i dont think so ! i think that if a town lacks food than u just remove an amount of food from a nearby town and place it in the starving town becuase i think the amount of gold showed on our screen would be the nations total gold no ??????? ( i dont think that each town will have its amount of stored money or yess ??????

Sir Turylon
30-06-2004, 21:06
I agree with Angryminer on this one.

Since you have a royal court, you would naturally have an advisor for agriculture, military, civics, and religion... most likely.

Food distribution should not be manually handled like it was in LotR2. I can see, however, being able to send a food caravan as a "tribute" or "gift" to a neighboring realm.

Imagine this. You are playing as the ruler of Aragon. You are allied with Normandy. They attack and sack Paris (siege lasts about 2 days before the city capitulates). The food supply is empty for that city and your ally's food supply is already strained. He sends you a message he needs a steady supply of food, and in return he will give you one of his daughters (hmm, a girl for a couple sacks of flour... sounds like the deal is heavily in your favor...you know.. cause females are priceless...etc). So you agree and off the caravan of flour goes to Normandy.

Good be an interesting little bit of added dimplomacy.

Henrik
30-06-2004, 23:05
I think i recall reading that it is possible to destibute food among cities - i know for sure that there is a screenshot which show a city seeking independance due to starvation and when such an event can occur then we'll ofcourse have a "countermeassure" for the event.

azores
02-07-2004, 03:33
I dont agree on one point man (women are priceless) nahh lets say that a women is hard to obtain but lets not be that naive! we ARE MAN ! KNIGHTS my friend !