PDA

View Full Version : Customizable flags?

Lord_MacLeod
12-11-2003, 14:55
Will it be possible to use customized flags? E.g. you can use your own gifs/jpgs and stick them on a flag...

If this feature is not included, it would be very nice if done so, because I (and I'm sure many others,too) love games where I'm able to give them a personal touch... :)

Greetings,
Mac

Moorkh
12-11-2003, 17:16
I'm guessing you won't be able to. The thing is, it wouldn't be much work to include an option like that (just add a 'browse' to a selection of premade flags at the start of the game), but it wouldn't be historically correct. In fact, I doubt you will even be able to choose your own flag from a selection but that you will be able to choose a souvereign from those that live in the scenario you're starting in and are stuck with his historical arms.

If they'd do fantasy or random scenarios, of course, you'd likely be able to 'design' your own king, and then the ability to use your own flags would be nice. But I don't think that's planned.

Lord_MacLeod
12-11-2003, 17:56
Well, that depends how much the devs insist on historical correctness.
I think fun comes first. And for that, as already mentioned in another thread, the game's units have all a certain colour, just for the purpose of easy identifying; imho this is more incorrect than customizable crests; so why not implement that feature? :)

Btw., who thinks the game should be historically correct? If yes, how far should this "correctness" go?

Greetings,
Mac

Jarlabanke
12-11-2003, 18:59
I can't see why games shouldn't be historically correct. It should go as "far" as possible.

Jorghan
12-11-2003, 19:01
Historical correctness and realism is fun! Atleast, for some of us. I wish game developers would realize that there is a market for realistic games as well.

The perfect game for me would be a game where you could micromanage everything, but didn't have to manage anything.

Elewyn
12-11-2003, 23:37
I think there's a lot of fantasy games which doesn't mind of sth like historical correctness, but not KoH.I'd like it to be as realistic as possible,and hope I'm not the only one. I'm looking forward to KoH cause it seems to be the most realistic RTS ever! I want to rule real Europe, or Europe which is not far from reality.

Jorghan
13-11-2003, 00:01
So you want to rule real Europe as well? I shall need to have you terminated then... oh wait, you meant in the game? never mind.

Lord_MacLeod
13-11-2003, 01:14
So you guys want a realistic medieval simulation, huh?
;)

Well, I hope for gameplays' sake, that the devs dont's make it too realistic...
Ever thought of medieval life and warfare? Living in these times was hard, even for kings. Rebellions, bad communication (e.g. King is in London; what does the Earl of Sussex instead?), very high expenses for weapons & armour, so almost no King could afford a big, well equipped army. Reality looks else...no uniforms, old, sturdy weapons, often worn by several generations...untrained, unwilling soldiers - mostly forced peasants- which ran at first sight with the enemies' knights. Or at least when the first arrows rained down on them.
The other side: the knights, well trained, capable warriors, but limited in their numbers. And for another point: they often didn't like to obey their commanding officers, for it was "not honourable" for them.
The Battle of Agincourt 1415 is a good example for that; the French knights, although having the odds on their side, brutally lost against the English, due to their lack of battle tactics...
So, I hope that the devs spend their game enough historical correctness, but not that much, that it will become unplayable...
:)

Btw., one of my sources is Curry/Hughes, "Arms, Armies and Fortifications in the Hundred Years War"...a very good scientific book about medieval warfare.

Greetings,
Mac

Pomerania Prince
13-11-2003, 14:28
I wish the game to be very realistic.:D

I wish to see people scraching themselvs from fles! I wish to see them walking to out house! ect. :D

embro
19-11-2003, 09:51
im almost sure that this option will not be included. like Moorkh said its kind of complex to make it. and Black Sea want to create a realistic kingdom simulation so...

ps. maybe in possible expansion this option could take place :D

Augis
17-08-2004, 13:52
It would be great idea! I don't like Lithuania flag. Lithuania blazon. It must be a horseman with sword. But not a standing horse! :yawn:

Hurricane766
18-08-2004, 01:00
I think it's good to have the option of changing your crest.

The default should be historically accurate for those who want it that way, but if my favorite color is green I should be able to change my colors/crest to be green.

... I'm counting the days till September

Elvain
20-08-2004, 14:37
Q to devs.

Will we have an option to make our own flags at least in multiplayer modes?

Noldy
20-08-2004, 15:13
If the game is modable, perhaps it is possible

Hey that rimes!!!