PDA

View Full Version : Viking Horns?

King Yngvar
02-07-2004, 07:08
I must just ask, why do the Viking unit have horns?
Ever since I saw this game I have been waiting for it with anticipation and it looks really great. There are just some few errors, and Viking horns are definately one of them. Please, ridden yourselves with this unhistorical childish cow horns on the Viking helmets, is this a strategy game or a cartoon for kids?

timurlenk
02-07-2004, 09:55
look here! (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?threadid=1092&highlight=eye+protection)

frujin already declared his intention to change this...

Frujin
02-07-2004, 10:01
Viking horns had been removed :)

Cork2
02-07-2004, 15:35
oh man i liked the vikings with horns.

Finellach
02-07-2004, 16:28
I think you will like them even more without horns. :D

Cork2
02-07-2004, 16:50
I think you will like them even more without horns. :D

how would you know what i like? they looked better with horns.

Finellach
02-07-2004, 16:56
how would you know what i like? they looked better with horns.

I was joking... :rolleyes:

Bora
02-07-2004, 18:32
thx frujin :go:

geno604
02-07-2004, 20:12
Horns didnt bother me.... but i guess its not "historically" correct. :yawn:

Nike
03-07-2004, 16:02
I think they still have horns in the Unit Showcase! :rolleyes:

Angryminer
03-07-2004, 16:19
They just didn't update the Unit Showcase.

Angryminer

Cork2
03-07-2004, 18:30
Horns didnt bother me.... but i guess its not "historically" correct. :yawn:

I agree. First it was with the stone icon it looked like marbel, it actually looked like stone colum but some people thought it was marbel. Some people didn't like i really didn't care. Well the mods changed it. I would have been fine how it is because i knew it represented stone. Then there was a huge discusion to make HRE who cares, i don't. It's only a game not a history class. then there viking with horns. Omg IT's a game, but some people just don't get it and want this game to be historicly acurate down to the tiniest detail. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Haegemon
03-07-2004, 18:45
I agree. First it was with the stone icon it looked like marbel, it actually looked like stone colum but some people thought it was marbel. Some people didn't like i really didn't care. Well the mods changed it. I would have been fine how it is because i knew it represented stone. Then there was a huge discusion to make HRE who cares, i don't. It's only a game not a history class. then there viking with horns. Omg IT's a game, but some people just don't get it and want this game to be historicly acurate down to the tiniest detail. :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Why not if we can... People who don't know anything about history don't mind cos they'll only see a game to play and that's enough, but people who likes it will be happy to see some details of historical correcteness. :)

Also this game has been developed barrelly on demand. Everybody picks his menu.

Cork2
03-07-2004, 19:19
Hey don't get me wrong i like history it was my favorit class in school. But this is a game. and its only tiny details.

King Yngvar
06-07-2004, 10:28
Viking horns had been removed

Thank you developers, thank you very much, me and (most of) my countrymen (who will buy this game) will be very pleased :D