PDA

View Full Version : new style

Ben Nevis
02-07-2004, 12:45
What do you think about the new style?
I have to get used to it a little, but sofar is seems ok. Haven't met any problems yet (only the wink smiley isn't in the primary list anymore ;) ).

Ben Nevis
02-07-2004, 12:52
Now I have met a slight disadvantage. Browsing is not as easy as it used to be. Only two posts fit on my screen, which is not a lot imo. But then again, it looks smoother.

Angryminer
02-07-2004, 13:00
In general: Good forum. the GFX is pretty neat.

But I think the form to file a post should be colored (I mean the form I am actually looking at and which you will have to look at if you want to answer this ;) ) .

Angryminer

Just a minor thing:
Would you mind to make the KoH-banner centered?
That would surely look better.

Ben Nevis
02-07-2004, 13:10
Let's name some of the advantages

-It looks better
-I like it that we can see the avatars in the member list. That way you can easily check what avatars are being used by the "heavy posters" and use a different one.
-When clicking on a name we get a menu (send message, e-mail, profile etc), nice.

Any other advantages????

(and disadvantages of course)

Kuno of Gersenau
02-07-2004, 14:30
I like the new style, I only have to get use to it...

but good work! :go:

But the :peace: -sign doesn't still work...

PS: Angryminer is right, center the banner...

Jorghan
02-07-2004, 14:38
I think I like the old style better. I definitly want the names and avatars back on the left hand side again.

Cork2
02-07-2004, 15:20
to tell you the truth i really liked the old one. I don't like this one as much. Maybe the mod/devs will make and option were we can choose which background in the control panel. Also this seems a bit laggy. Plz change it back everything is so big. Take no offense the desing is very nice but there is a delay when i am typing it takes like a second or more for the letter to appear and everything is so big and its take a while to load.

Finellach
02-07-2004, 16:25
I agree, it does not look so bad but the old style was better. Better smileys as well...not to mention it was not so slow as this one.

timurlenk
02-07-2004, 17:02
nobody wants a change except the wet baby :)

geno604
02-07-2004, 20:10
I think its very nice, cleancut. :cool:

the knightly sword
05-07-2004, 14:00
nice dont change it

Drake Maethor
05-07-2004, 22:42
It is slower simply because of the animated smilies being shown when you are replying in advanced mode...
Look when you write in the 'quick reply' mode and you'll see what I mean.

It is slower simply because of the animated smilies being shown when you are replying in advanced mode...
Look when you write in the 'quick reply' mode and you'll see what I mean.

These 'answer screen' is coding in such a way that when is showing all the time those animated smilies it consumes a lot of CPU resources....
I've seen how the CPU USAGE bar (the one you see when you press ctrl+alt+del in Windows XP, under the Performance tab) rises up to 100% just because of going to 'advanced mode' in your replies.

They should move them apart to another windows, and show them in another way than this, like it was before, and that should solve the problem.

Also it helps if you desactivate images in your browser while replying...

BTW, Someone knows what was used to make this dynamic replying screen???
It has friendly features but in stability it sux!

Sir Turylon
06-07-2004, 06:55
it is...