PDA

View Full Version : KOH2 or Stand alone Expansion? Which would be better?

Pages : [1] 2

kevincompton
23-01-2007, 00:18
To make this clear, a stand alone expansion would mean a new release of the game with new features, like an expansion, but without needing to own the original to install and play. An example would be Stronghold Crusaders (a great game btw).

The reasons for a stand alone opposed to a new KOH are the following:

- Shorter time for development
- It will perfect the original concept
- The charm of KOH graphics would remain the same, no risk of BSS choosing 3D
- Less risk of bugs or crappy AI, since it will be like a patch to the original

I also made this poll to reflect the communities desire for Multiplayer on the game as it is now.

Elvain
23-01-2007, 00:33
I honestly would prefere KoH2 because there are many changes I'd like to see, but don't even speak about them because they wouldn't fit to the actual concept of KoH

But I see the positives of Expansion, especialy graphic (no 3D please!!!) and lower probability of being buggy.

PS: We should Slow down :biggrin:
Frujin just said there is possibility KOH won't die, he didn't said he plans expansion or KoH2 (but yes, I'd love it)

knez
23-01-2007, 01:39
who wouldn't :silly:

Anguille2
23-01-2007, 08:13
From a commercial point of view (and we do wish success to KoH), i believe a KoH2 would attract more people. A standalone wouldn't have much chance against Medieval 2 as it's very hyped. (But a gold edition would be mostly welcome....hint, hint :wink:)

From my own point of view, a standalone with more features would be enough for me as KoH is (almost :wink: ) perfect as it is (2d, concept, etc...). Frankly, right now, i don't see any reasons to buy another game for a looooonnng time :cheers:

hawk_knight
23-01-2007, 12:17
why did you not made a poll that you can chose them both :lol:

as i would like to see both of them i dot mind which one but just a new koh :angel:

kevincompton
23-01-2007, 18:20
What people are voting against multiplayer? I'm sorry but why WOULDN'T you want that option???

State your reasoning if you please.

Elvain
23-01-2007, 18:23
hey, Kevin, take it easy :cheers:

why shouldn't they have right not to want multiplayer? :go:
We can disagree, but it's their right :wink:

Syagrius
23-01-2007, 19:08
I dont f****** care about multiplayer..So if there is more chance to have an expansion or a new game without it (its more work for the devs to implement it) lets go for it. That is why people voted againts multiplayer. The only idiot around here is you mate.:protest:

Kuno of Gersenau
23-01-2007, 19:11
hey, Kevin, take it easy :cheers:

why shouldn't they have right not to want multiplayer? :go:
We can disagree, but it's their right :wink:
Nothing more to say about...

But, please watch your words, kevin AND Syagrius...

Elvain
23-01-2007, 19:50
yes, guys, I see no reason why to call each other an idiot!

Mods are watching you :biggrin:

Madmax
23-01-2007, 21:15
3D is not necessary, neither a bane, but if you ask me, is the last thing I am interested in.

What I REALLY would like to have, are better field battles: if it would have the detail and the depth of Shogun or the first Medieval total war (both 2D graphics on a 3D battlefield, with the zoom option) with this campaign concept KoH would become the ultimative, invincible medieval strategic game :go:
perhaps I open a thread on it.... because of this hope , I have decided: my vote goes to KoH 2 :go: (WITH multiplayer option :) )

knez
23-01-2007, 22:18
I voted aginat multiplayer, call me an idiot
multiplayer cost's extra money, so:
a) game would be more expensive (i read some article about that, some 10
USD)
or
b) other parts of game desing would suffer, like AI, and we all know that BSS isn't EA with tons of mony

kevincompton
24-01-2007, 01:13
I dont f****** care about multiplayer..So if there is more chance to have an expansion or a new game without it (its more work for the devs to implement it) lets go for it. That is why people voted againts multiplayer. The only idiot around here is you mate.:protest:

:angry:

Dobber
24-01-2007, 01:20
I think there has been enough venting of tempers now. Let us forget it and move on, please! :admin_deal: :go:

rmhainlen
24-01-2007, 05:19
I would like to see KoH2 with multiplayer.

Or at least more multi-player than was involved in KoH.

Who cares about EA at least BSS tests their patches longer than 3 or 4 days. :biggrin:

kiri_hacker
24-01-2007, 07:23
I just want some more things fixed it was very important that the AI should get +10 happyness all the time so that big AI kingdoms dont fall apart so easy ....

Elvain
24-01-2007, 08:19
I just want some more things fixed it was very important that the AI should get +10 happyness all the time so that big AI kingdoms dont fall apart so easy ....
I think that low happiness is the last thing that causes AI kingdoms breaking up.

Like inability to field military satysfying force (and feed it with economy), inability to find brides to their princes etc.

kiri_hacker
24-01-2007, 13:21
it makes perfect sense but.... usually that happends to Germany...Lots of rebels arise and start taking over if the AI prevents then from appearing and if the AI knows how to stop taxes and with a little extra happines big lands such as Germany will no t brake in pieces

Laudan
24-01-2007, 13:40
Hallo kiri_hacker, the prop is not the happiness, in one of my test i give the AI a happiness of +40, but the AI realm break in thousend pieces. The AI must find everytime a wife for his sons and the realms never split more. Elvain say the true.
Important is also, that the AI can stop wars and have times of peaces.
A AI that every time fight break down.

kiri_hacker
24-01-2007, 18:25
Ok I belive you guys now if you are pretty sure about it ... but if the king dies and has no sons why does his land split ... When I play and I have no sons someone just takes over and I get no problems exept for rebbels