PDA

View Full Version : Annex?

mammix
25-01-2007, 17:19
Once, i send my spy to Venice. He became its marshall, so I investigated army revolt, which didn't fail. :hello:
So, I send him there one more time and he was again hired as a marshall. I looked at his options and... I could annex Venice! (it had 3 prov.)
What's that option? When could you do that? (I play Holy Rome Mod 1.7 I think)
btw, my spy was very good and I annexed it :hello: :hello: :hello:
Greetings :biggrin:

Kuno of Gersenau
25-01-2007, 17:25
hello mammix,

Did he become king (doge) of Venice? usually there are two possibilities to annex another kingdom:

1. Your spy becomes new king of the land because the old king diedwithout any heirs. Then you have a so called "Puppet king". You can either tell him that he should hand over his land or you kan tell him to attack any kingdom you want as long as he is king. Sometimes the knight might refuse your demand and become independet, but that happens only seldom.

2. Second possibility only works for merchants, as far as I know. If the infiltrated kingdom is your vassal and your are big enough (in comparison to the vassal) you are able to annex the infiltrated kingdom.

mammix
25-01-2007, 17:42
no, he didn't become king, he was the only marshall of this country, i think. but i'm sure that he wasn' t king. i wanted to make a revolt, and than a new option was displayed...

Kuno of Gersenau
25-01-2007, 18:21
Oh, didn't know that this feature exists as well for marshalls...that's interesting. :scratch:

Elvain
25-01-2007, 18:25
there are only 2 explanations that come up into my mind:

1) it was a bug (what a nice bug :go:)
2) he wasn't a king, but while you clicked on your spy, their monarch has died and he became a king, th eoption emerged, but he didn't get the crown displayed yet (sometimes graphics of some features are delayed)

Sadly I must say that this isn't possible in no version of Holy Rome mod (Yet :biggrin:)

Dobber
25-01-2007, 18:28
He may have become king while you were selecting him to issue the revolt command. I have had Spy Marshall's become King of the country they were hired in, when there was no heir present and the King died. I then just asked him to hand the country over to me and it was mine.

Elvain
25-01-2007, 18:38
Yes, I think this could be the possibility. Especialy if the last king was a marshal. He could have died in a battle :yawn:

mammix
25-01-2007, 18:45
hm, but it looked like that:

-I click the window with marshal
-I choose the option of revolts and click on it
-And then i saw a new option (the old ones disappeared)
-I clicked it
-And suceeded ;D

it wasnt a bug, i didn't looked that the king was dead.
tx

Elvain
25-01-2007, 18:50
that's really strange. Was there really a possibility to ANNEX?
(wasn't it hand over crown or snything else?)

I don't see any rational explanation of this :wacko: that's why I ask so dumb questions :silly:

mammix
25-01-2007, 21:18
no, there wasn't possibiliy to annex :D
but i'm happy that i did it :D

Elvain
25-01-2007, 21:41
but you had to click something to annex it, didn't you?

What was the icon like? What was there? A crown or a castle?

mammix
25-01-2007, 22:17
unfortunately, i don't remember.
but i can load the game :)
i'll write you tommorow
good night :D

Largefry07
26-01-2007, 01:33
There is no garentee that the same events will happen again. But if they do, try to get a screenshot of it.:cheers: