PDA

View Full Version : Who's playing with 1.05? - First impressions, please!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Anguille2
26-01-2007, 14:38
Those who play with the new patch, please express your first impressions! :smile3:

Laudan
26-01-2007, 14:55
THx Frujin my dreams comes true...i love it. More later.

AND you dont need the CD for start KoH.

:bday: :cheers: :hello:

Anguille2
26-01-2007, 15:51
Bulgarians are the best game makers

Haemimont and Black Sea Studios :go:

orpheus
26-01-2007, 15:59
Post some more please! I have 2 more hours of work to go!:wink:

Anguille2
26-01-2007, 16:22
I would guess he's too busy playing...:wink:

Laudan
26-01-2007, 16:53
After 1:33 gametime....

Angryminer
26-01-2007, 16:55
I played a game with Teutonic Order in the high period. After around 30 minutes my income was +33, barely. But Poland, my neighbour, had an income of +82. And they made lots of armies with it. So while I was struggling to effort my first fletchers Poland ran around with armies with teutonic knights and feudal knights (propably bought from a mercenary camp). Quite shocking, actually, because I only had peasant armies at that time!
I didn't get any trade agreement until around that time. No one wanted to trade with me! The only trade agreement I got was with 1-province Pomerania! After 30 minutes! :eek: The new trade-potentials are typically around 20 gold unless you build markets or boost trade potential otherwise.

Since the start of the game I was at war with Novgorod, who didn't want peace at all. So i had to send my only army - with 9 peasant squads. While my army was in Novgorod Poland descended upon me with two of it's excessively mighty armies. I thought I lost the game already, but then managed to capture a province of Novgorod and gave that to Poland to talk them into peace. That was close!
To increase my income I then used two peasant armies to overcome 1-province Lithuania.
A while after that Polands constant war waging (they were powerful and showed it) got it into pretty bad relations. The pope supported that by excommunicating them. Then I could talk Denmark, Bohemia, Hungary and Muscowy into a war with Poland. While Poland was distracted that way I managed to snatch 3 provinces off them. That was very fortunate for me.

Now I'm 2 hours into the game. All provinces I attacked had garrison units, I was attacked by pairs of marshalls, they reinforced each other, they didn't allow me to draw them into an assault (so I couldn't use my garrison to defeat them), the AI-kings were reluctant to give me anything at all - if I need peace the want to continue war and if I want a trade agreement they ignore me, but often demanded things in return. It was quite enjoyable. The AI's behaviour made a lot sense. :go:
Germany, by the way, is still going strong. Most beloved kingdom, most military, 17 provinces - no signs of falling apart. :smile:

Angryminer

Syagrius
26-01-2007, 16:57
Looks good :go:

orpheus
26-01-2007, 17:08
Excellent - I can't wait to get home and install the patch! Nice updates.

Dobber
26-01-2007, 17:15
I too have found the trade to be very difficult, I chose Munster on hard to really get a feel for how hard it would be. I had a trade agreement with Wessex at the very beginning and was at war with York from the start. I was unable to get a trade agreement with any of the usual candidates, finally git one with Papacy. So I had King and Prince trading each bringing in only 9 gold each. Town had no buildings to start! Had to come from scratch, York was attacking me from early on, I just had to sit there and watch as they plundered my land. I did manage to get town guard built and train 4 squads of peasants before they assualted the castle. Fortunately I won two town assaults in a row, a second army had arrived while I was defeating the first. York was relentless, continual stream of armies into the province, my Marshall had 5 stars in no time. Leinster was threatening war all the while. Soon I was operating in the red and nothing I could do would bring it up. I was going to attack Leinster and try to increase income potential, but Wessex got it first, I decided to go after Ulster, forgot to check their alliances, they were vassal of Wessex, I had to retreat from the town assault, was losing badly with 2 Marshalls(full armies/w seige equipment). Wessex declared war and had 3 armies in Munster before I could get my Marshall's home. I got there in time to break the seige, won the battle but lost half my forces, fortified a camp, was set upon by 2 Wessex Marshall's, I reinforced with my other Marshall, I won the battle but lost the second Marshall and all but 1 squad in the fortifed camp. From early on I was receiving over 5000 gold in ransom for captured Marshall's, It seems the AI really knows how to raise money in the game now. Without capturing enemy Marshall's I am unable to advance my province, I cannot bring it out of the red. I will continue the effort later on today!

This really rocks!!!!!! :hello: :hello:

And yes I installed the patch on my US version and it went like a charm!

Laudan
26-01-2007, 17:18
Angryminer say the true...Never of the big kingdoms want trade with me. I find only small kingdoms. I loose two battles agains a town und one spy. England catch the spy and after the peace with england this kingdom kill my spy. I play the game on hard.

Borsook
26-01-2007, 17:35
Great patch! Though playing as Aragon I made 5 trade agreements from the start, so I pretty much as it was on this front, But it took me really long to conquer Navarre! I'm enjoying KoH 1.5 so much (btw where's 1.4?) that even though my EUIII arrived today it stands on the shelf.

Kuno of Gersenau
26-01-2007, 17:52
I started playing with Epirus, and was at war from the beginning with Bulgaria and Serbia. Same problem with finding trading partners, noone wanted to trade with me. Luckily I already had three trade agreements with Naples, Sicily and Venice from the beginning.
After some time Bulgarian army invaded my country, while Serbia agreed to make peace if I become their vassal. As I couldn't even afford to build up one good army (only peasents and ordinary bowmen) I agreed. Luckily there was a merchant camp in my province so I was able to hire two units of Roman Infantery. When Bulgarian army attacked my town I could defeat them and captured the marshall.

Now I tried again to get a trade agreement with Germany, they agreed if I would declare war on Serbia, what I did. But when I afterwards wanted to start trading with them I noticed that the profit would be even lower than trading with 1-province Naples.:eek:

Afterwards I invaded Serbia and noticed with big surprise that there was no army around, so I captured the province of Zenata (?). Soon afterwards Bulgaria paid a ransom and invaded my land again short time afterwards. Again I could capture the marshall and left him free, so my relations improved and Bulgaria signed peace with me.

At the same time Germany became the most powerfull of all nations around, forcing France and Poland, after they lost several provinces, to become their vassals, forcing Hungary into a royal marriage after a short but effective war and now they're in war with England and seem to be quite successfull as well....

kiri_hacker
26-01-2007, 18:15
Very nice screenshot ... HHAAhaha Deutschland :)

mammix
26-01-2007, 18:49
hm it was interesting.
i choosed Bdin. I allied with .... this country starting with W or V ;)
I had trade agreement with my alliy and Byzantium. Than Papacy asked me to enter into trade agreement, 5 minutes later into pact of non-agression and 5 minutes later into alliance!
I was orthodox so i was suprised. Why the hell great Pope interests in poor and small province somewhere in Bulguria??
Ok, i conqered 2 provinces and became Bulguria. In this patch plundering is really important. I destroyed my bigger neigbour because i destroyed its villages and i couldn' t make armies....
But after 2 minutes a new group of loyalists apperared, and 2 minutes later- again... Wow!
I ended this game, because i qonqered most of Byzantia and i thought that was strange.
The patch makes game only a little bit harder, i played of course on Hard.

But it's a lot of good work! :D

RedbackSpider
26-01-2007, 22:04
I've only played it for a couple of hours on hard, but its looking good :go:

I tried out Wales first Only to be shocked when York attacked me with an army consisting of a good mix of troops including Men at Arms and swordsmen etc, usually early in the game the AI had peasant armies.

Then I tried Burgandy which got pounded on all sides by AI states that wanted a piece of me, I didn't last to long :eek:

But so far it seems alot better on hard ;)

Dobber
26-01-2007, 22:09
I am headed back in to see if I can do anything with this Munster mess, I will not quit(I may get my arse stomped but I will not quit)!

Then I will check to see how saved games behave with the patch!

Angryminer
26-01-2007, 22:35
Ha, I got another nice situation from my first game above that I didn't mention.
I was plundering one province of Novgorod with my first peasant-army to raise some funds for my poor own country when I saw a Novgorod marshall heading towards the town from the other side of the province. He had 9 squads of peasants, so I thought I could beat him. I thought he'd just go to the town, drop in, see me plundering and then come to me with his 9 peasants. But look and behold: He dropped into the city and two seconds later there was an army full of swordsmen and archers coming after me! :eek:
Full retreat back into my territory!

The AI never did that before. That was quite nice.

Angryminer

Laudan
26-01-2007, 23:06
By the way, the AI can now change the taxes to higher taxis and the AI use often more than one cleric ( three kingdoms have three clerics.)

The gold is very low now and the AI use normaly only 3 marshalls , but some Kingdoms use later more than three.

kevincompton
26-01-2007, 23:30
I got in a few hours and so far its MUCH more challegning, economically.

I expect war for me could be dangerous, since I'm just little Bohemia next to a huge Hungary.

Has anyone noticed if the AI improves their castle defenses?