PDA

View Full Version : Political-Map Bug arising with new Patch

Kuno of Gersenau
26-01-2007, 19:37
As some users already mentioned, there seems to be a new bug now with the new patch. I open a new thread for this problem, so we can stay at the topic in the other one. :wink:
If you look in the political map at the avalibiality of the units (or buildings), you do not see any longer where you could build a certain unit/building, if everything would fit, but only where you can build them already.
So there are no diagonal stripes anymore.
This doesn't have a extremely high impact on the gameplay, but I think it should be fixed. I always liked to plan my expansion concerning units/buildings I would like to build next. (e.g. university)

Here I made a screensshot to show you what I mean:

I play Epirus, so I'm able to build Roman Infantery in every province, but it only shows the provinces where I do not have to add anything to recruit them.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/5039/bugyq4.png

Knight of the old times
26-01-2007, 19:55
thnx for this thread Kuno of Gersenau, i would also like to point out that also resources seem to have "vanished"
which like Gersenau said could impact your pre invasion plans.

Syagrius
26-01-2007, 20:09
Will BSS make an hotfix for this?

hawk_knight
26-01-2007, 20:20
yea i have spotted that bug too kuno :wink:

I think it should be fixt in a third patch or koh to he frujin :biggrin:

@ Knight of the old times

i see you picked the same avatar as me he :lol:

Scott716
26-01-2007, 20:39
hmmm...now I see...I have no idea on the technical part of it but is there a way to change it back by looking at the files in the original install to put it back in or is that part untouchable by us.

Dobber
26-01-2007, 21:01
I never knew of that feature, amd would not have missed it, but now I will!

Scott716
26-01-2007, 21:25
If you look at the screen pic on top and look at the political view choices there you see the green button with a question mark in it, click that. There it shows what the different color codings and diagonal stripes mean and can see what is missing after the patch.

Dobber
26-01-2007, 21:43
I installed KoH on my other computer to check out what I had been missing! I wish I had realized that feature way back in the early days of playing.

But what the heck, I just take over what I can, where I can, when I can, and play with what I get, so I won't miss it to much. Heck if I forget I read this thread I won't miss it all, hard to miss something you never used, I guess! :biggrin:

Angryminer
26-01-2007, 21:50
But what the heck, I just take over what I can, where I can, when I can :biggrin:Sooner or later you'll own all provinces anyway. The order of conquering is of no concern! :knight:

Angryminer

hawk_knight
26-01-2007, 21:50
I installed KoH on my other computer to check out what I had been missing! I wish I had realized that feature way back in the early days of playing.

But what the heck, I just take over what I can, where I can, when I can, and play with what I get, so I won't miss it to much. Heck if I forget I read this thread I won't miss it all, hard to miss something you never used, I guess! :biggrin:

you got a point there dobber :biggrin: i did used that feature at first too but i can see how it is wthout it:wink:

Dobber
26-01-2007, 21:56
I can understand that for people that used the feature to plan their strategy, it missing is going to cause them to have to adopt a whole new strategy in playing the game! Maybe there can be a hotfix for it!

Elvain
27-01-2007, 01:46
Oh, I must say I miss it too.

Why is it removed? I know it makes the chances for Ai and player equal (the AI hardly considers what can hew build where so he doesn't pplan his espansion), but it removes one very important thing from the game.

You can't consider what you want to conquer and what not.

I don't really miss it with units, but surely I do with buildings.. Also it may cause problems with testing of new units (added in mods)

orpheus
27-01-2007, 10:52
I used to use that feature, but its not the end of the world.

I am enjoying the new AI.

Last night as Burgundy, I watched as France sent wave after wave (often two armies together) against Navarre. It was great to see the armies accompanied by seige equipment.

And plundering has become much more important to wear down your opponent before taking the city.

Well done BSS:biggrin: