PDA

View Full Version : Crusade, how will it work in the game?

Pages : [1] 2

Albanian_Empire
03-07-2004, 02:17
Since it will be in the game my question is how we going to play it since we have a kingdom to take care off and plus this. Do you choose to be involved in the Crusade or you are just being involved automatically? How will it work?

Angryminer
03-07-2004, 12:25
The pope can call for a crusade.
Then all christian countries are supposed to declare war on whoever occupies the holy lands and begin to send troops there.
If you don't do that the other kings might change there view on you and cancel their agreements with you ;) .
However, it's your choice:
Engage in the crusade or have the risk of being 'outlawed' by the other kings.

Angryminer

Kuno of Gersenau
03-07-2004, 12:53
But I think the destination doesn't have to be the holy land. Not all Crusades went there, simply look at the 4th crusade who conquered Constantinople...

azores
03-07-2004, 16:20
I agree i dont think that crusades will only be sent in the holy lands.

Finellach
03-07-2004, 17:58
I just hope it won't be like in Crusader Kings when you declared war on Muslim and launched an ivasion they lanuched counter-ivansion resulting in muslim "islands" in center of Europe and such strange things...

Sir Turylon
03-07-2004, 20:24
yay crusades!!!!!

*bribes the pope to declare crusade against France*

I agree with what Angryminer said. Looking forward to launch a crusade against France instead of just Arabic states.

Prins_v_Brabant
03-07-2004, 20:41
Crusades in France how that so??? That was an option in Medieval: Total War so but I didn't find it realistic. The crusaders were only be send into Europe to fight against organized heretics (cities) like the Cathars and so more.

azores
03-07-2004, 20:46
I was wondering if arabic nations will have any other spacial option instead of sendind crusades beacuse of course they will have no such option i hope.

Angryminer
03-07-2004, 20:48
Though it isn't really historically correct muslims can call for a Jihad...
At least that's what I remember...

Angryminer

Sir Turylon
03-07-2004, 21:47
Crusades in France how that so??? That was an option in Medieval: Total War so but I didn't find it realistic. The crusaders were only be send into Europe to fight against organized heretics (cities) like the Cathars and so more.

yes, heretics.. like the French! muhahhaha... 8)

No, I think it would be good if you can declare a crusade against any "nation of the same religion as one of the 3 which has fallen below the acceptable piety rating."

IE, France burns all their churchs down and tries to turn themselves into a pagan state. I think the rest of the Christian states have a duty to crusade against France in order to restore it.

Remember, we are not living history in this game.. we are reliving it....

Hector
03-07-2004, 22:05
yay crusades!!!!!

*bribes the pope to declare crusade against France*

I agree with what Angryminer said. Looking forward to launch a crusade against France instead of just Arabic states.

:rofl: :rofl:

burn them all!!!

BTW.

is it possible to to become the king and kalief or pope at the same time?
or can ur son be one of them 8)

one more question

if you take over Rome can u declare yourself the pope :cool:

azores
04-07-2004, 01:52
emmmmm the pope ? in a war game ? dont know , can we guys ? heh

Sir Turylon
04-07-2004, 03:30
is it possible to to become the king and kalief or pope at the same time?
or can ur son be one of them 8)

ROFL that would be funny.

Caliph of Baghdad, Pope of rome, Emperor of Byzantium, and King of Germans (booo!) all at same time...

hope the text area for titles is big. :)

Albanian_Empire
04-07-2004, 07:20
How will it realy work? (Stick to the topic plz if you know smth don't go laughing at France or any other place) :cheers:

Sir Turylon
04-07-2004, 07:54
How will it realy work? (Stick to the topic plz if you know smth don't go laughing at France or any other place) :cheers:

you pick a starting country... and with that.. a starting religion. therefore.. you are probably locked into that one, unless you get excomunicated. heh. Perhaps if you bring in clerics form different religions you can have more than one... but then you run the risk of getting a crusade called down upon your kingdom...

BTW, nothing so far has been off topic.

Frank Fay
04-07-2004, 11:23
Crusades can be only called against Catholic kingdoms when they have been ex-communicated and that can be France....or Germany or any Catholic kingdom....

Kuno of Gersenau
04-07-2004, 11:37
And when you control the pope, can he simply ex-communicate a country with saying that this king is a son of the devil :dwink: or does he need a good reason?

azores
04-07-2004, 18:20
Thanks Frank , and do we really can control the pope ? dont think so.

Kuno of Gersenau
04-07-2004, 18:47
You missunderstand something ;)

Crusades usually go in non-catholic countrys, BUT if you want to make a crusade to a catholic country the ruler of this one must being axcomunicated...

No reason to get angry

Emhyr var Emreis
04-07-2004, 19:44
sorry, taking it back