PDA

View Full Version : gamers gate

tonedog
27-01-2007, 16:42
has anyone else download this game from gamers gate? it installs and runs ok but when i try to install the latest patch i get a message saying that the game isnt installed

anyone else had this?

Dobber
27-01-2007, 18:24
What is the installation path of Knights of Honor on your computer?

It should be C:\Program Files\Black Sea Studios\Knights of Honor, that is the install path for the game installed from the CD. But the gamers gate download could possibly have a different install path. I am not familiar with software bought via gamers gate, I know of it but have never bought from there. Could it be possible that the install path might be changed to include gamers gate in the path? That games bought from there are all installed into a subdirectory named Gamers Gate or some such. (Maybe C:\Program Files\Gamers Gate\Black Sea Studios\Knights of Honor). If so you may have to wait on Gamers gate to offer the patch on their site. Unless someone knows a work around in the registry.

Angryminer
27-01-2007, 18:30
The KoH patch isn't path-sensitive. It grabs the correct path from a registry key which has to be in a specific place.

Over here we have basically no clue about the Gamer's Gate version. I believe it is derived from the Paradox Entertainment version, but was modified to fit their validation-scheme. But actually I don't know anything about it.
The only ones that do know should be the Gamer's Gate people, and perhaps one or two people at Paradox Entertainment. So the first adress for help should be the Gamer's Gate support.

Angryminer

tonedog
27-01-2007, 19:15
the path is simply C:\Program Files\Knights of Honor

i have contacted gamers gate but have yet to recieve a response. not very impressed i have to say

tonedog
29-01-2007, 17:26
i resolved the patch issue thanks to a fix i found on this site.

2 other questions to anyone here who has downloaded the game

how do u burn it to a cd? i cant find an installation file.
where is the manual?

Elvain
29-01-2007, 18:30
how do u burn it to a cd? i cant find an installation file.
where is the manual?
I red somewhere that you don't need to burn it. It should be on your account and you can download it anytime you need it (in case it's lost) but it's not 100% sure information

The tutorial is done pretty nicely and helps you a lot.