PDA

View Full Version : Keeping it in the Family

orpheus
29-01-2007, 10:50
My current game playing as Burgundy is throwing up some interesting developments:

- Initially, I married my first king to a princess of the Ottomans.
- They have 2 princes and 1 princess

- Ottomans ask for trade agreement, I refuse, they offer a marrigae between my 1st prince and one of their princesses - I accept

- 1st prince becomes king - wife is the Ottoman princess.
- They have 2 children, 1 prince and 1 princess

- I approach Ottomans with royal marrigae request for the prince, and they accept
- They then approach me for marriage of their son to my princess, I refuse, they offer pact of non-aggression, so I accept.

- During the above, both myself and Ottomans have not taken up inheritance claims against each other (I couldn't safely have kept any provinces I would have inherited anyway!)

- So now my next king, is the result of 2 marriages to Ottomans. They then approach me to marry their son to my daughter - so that makes 4 generations of marriages to Ottomans.

I have not had to search for a marriage for any of my royal family, as the Ottomans pop up and offer each time.

We have had 'united relations' since the 2nd marriage. Has anyone else started a fantastic program of inbreeding to rival that of the Hapsburgs? I'm hoping I can complete the game with marriages exclusively to Ottomans, maybe I'll get some hidden easter egg of deformed kings and princes!?:biggrin:

mammix
29-01-2007, 14:19
i played as England, had an vassal- Ireland (which was really Ulster- i gave them 2 provinces) and I always offered Royal Marriage to them. So, I had my family ruling in England and Ireland.

MannofWar
20-02-2007, 00:44
Nope never did that before

Dobber
20-02-2007, 01:44
At least in KoH, there are no recorded defects as there are in M:TW ! :go:

MannofWar
20-02-2007, 19:21
Not sure i understand what your taking about Dobber :scratch:
:biggrin:

Dobber
20-02-2007, 20:27
Not sure i understand what your taking about Dobber :scratch:
:biggrin:
In M:TW(Medieval:Total War, inbreeding would result in Princes with 6 toes on each foot or 6 fingers on each hand or some other defect that would effect the Princes Strength of character and decrease his abilities to Govern well.

kevcole33
20-02-2007, 21:22
In M:TW(Medieval:Total War, inbreeding would result in Princes with 6 toes on each foot or 6 fingers on each hand or some other defect that would effect the Princes Strength of character and decrease his abilities to Govern well.

i think i saw that in a movie once. princess bride i think it was.

MannofWar
22-02-2007, 01:30
How can you inbreed on KoH??? :eek: all ok never mind