PDA

View Full Version : KoH going Marvel Comic?

HexHammer
04-07-2004, 00:36
As in every comic with a decent selfrespect, the superhero(s) some time in life, meet a evil twin.

I just realized the Templar unit have met their evil twin, the Crusader Infantry. The evil twin actually was so evil, he made BSS change the usual, latin cross (trademark of the Knights Tempars), with the usual crusader infantry, and vice versa.

Dear BSS, in other words, I must humbly ask you, why you make such obvious strange mistakes. Every dude with the slightes knowledge of "Order of the Poor Knights of Christ" aka Knights Templas, should know only - knights, chaplains and sergants, were allowed to wear the latin cross. There was many common infantry men, serving under the KT, but weren't allowed to wear the distinct latin cross.

Finellach
04-07-2004, 00:41
Agreed. I must say I don't see a reason for a distinct Crusader Infantry when we already have Templars and when have the potential of adding Hospitaliers as another christian-crusader unit.

Drake Maethor
04-07-2004, 01:43
@HexHammer
That's not a Latin Cross... That's the Jerusalem Cross aka the Crusaders Cross...
So is very appropiate that the Crusader Infantry is wearring it.
The Latin Cross is the one that is wearing the Knight Templar in the Units Showcase.
BSS wasn't wrong, you were.
So "Dear HexHammer, in other words, I must humbly ask you, why you make such obvious strange mistakes" :p "Every dude with the slightes common sense should do some research and be sure of what he is saying before accusing someone of being wrong." ;)
For example you can take a look here (about Crosses)! (http://home.inreach.com/bstanley/crosses.htm)

@Finnelach. I think that instead of agrying with HexHammer, you are not liking the fact that we are having a Crusader Infantry and not Hospitalliers Knights. Let me say you that not all the infantrymen that went to the Crusaders were guys from Orders of Chivalry. There were many common men that also went to fight to the East. Those are the Crusader Infantry, there are something like Turcopoles, who fought in the Crusades and weren't from any Order I think.
If you want the Hospitalliers Knights then erasing one unit is not the answer. I also want them and MOUNTED TEMPLARS but I don't want Crusader Infantry nor Templar Knights removed.
Solution is adding! Not removing!

Finellach
04-07-2004, 04:36
I agree with you...the cross is fine, the units are fine, Hospitaliers were basiclly the same thing as Templars except for Hospitals, etc. ;) :cheers:

Drake Maethor
04-07-2004, 10:10
yep
But I wouldn't mind some Crusader Cavalry at all! :p
In fact we got Crusader Infantry, Crusader Crossbowmen and not any Crusader Cavalry!
We got Templars, we got Teutons... but they are all infantry guys, and the only mounted knights we have are the Feudal Knights... And your own Knights and their guard, which btw, is I think the most misterious unit that is still to be described.

HexHammer
04-07-2004, 12:59
@HexHammer
That's not a Latin Cross... That's the Jerusalem Cross aka the Crusaders Cross...
So is very appropiate that the Crusader Infantry is wearring it.

Indeed you are halfway right, but the Crusader Cross misses out the 4 lesser crosses, thus when people look upon the units in the game, they might think they have Templars. Since the resolution, of the game isn't high enough to tell the difference.

The Latin Cross is the one that is wearing the Knight Templar in the Units Showcase.
BSS wasn't wrong, you were.

O, am I now? The 3D artist has probaly confused the latin cross with a normal christian cross.

Templars don't hve a cross like that on the unitshowcase, now take a peek here, of how the Templar cross was.
http://www.osmth.org/

Finellach
04-07-2004, 14:27
Indeed you are halfway right, but the Crusader Cross misses out the 4 lesser crosses, thus when people look upon the units in the game, they might think they have Templars. Since the resolution, of the game isn't high enough to tell the difference.

The Crusader cross doesn't have to have the four lesser crosses. For example the Duchy of Calabria had the this "crusader cross" withouth the four smaller crossess.

O, am I now? The 3D artist has probaly confused the latin cross with a normal christian cross.

Templars don't hve a cross like that on the unitshowcase, now take a peek here, of how the Templar cross was.
http://www.osmth.org/

There was already the same discussion about Templar cross some time ago.

Drake Maethor
05-07-2004, 11:39
@HexHammer

The Latin cross is the normal, the common cross that is everywhere.
Pay a look at the link I submitted. That's the cross the Templars are having in the unit showcase.

It's kinda different to the Crusaders Cross specially because the Crusaders can be put inside an square and the Latin inside a rectangle. (Don't get that too literal, you know what I mean)

Lord_MacLeod
05-07-2004, 13:06
I'm not sure...
I always thought the red paws cross beeing the true symbol of the knights templar.

http://www.royalhouseofstewart.org.uk/templar/cross_pate.gif

Greetings,
Mac