PDA

View Full Version : Some Thoughts by KK

Khan Asparuh
04-07-2004, 11:22
Hi I'm Khan Krun from the previous version of the forums
I had some personal deeds to complete so I was off for a certain amount of time...

I don't know about the recent devs around the game so here are some of my suggestions and thoughts, related mainly to the subject of warcraft, mercs, religion, dimplomacy, etc...

As we all know there are mercs around... My idea is the spy to be able to copy the model of neighbouring provinces and these troops to be available for production in your realmThis vould also be achieved through dimplomacy. Of course if the countries are in the state of war the morale of the attracted troops should go down, and in a direct battle they should abandon your cause and even fight on the side of enemy. If you manage to succesfully develop a religious centre u could be able to control the morale of the mercenaries even when they fight their previous mates, friends and brothers.

Another issue could be the cultural influence... of ur neighbours. For instance, the empire of Charlemagne, which coexisted with the one of Khan Krum at times when the Roman, respectively Byzantine, influence was still too strong. These governors assisted in the battles against the Islamic tribes and gained privileges from the great empires. Previously Gaul and Tracce were Romanic provinces, but tribes coming from the north managed to steal these lands and set states on them that lasted. My point is shouldn't it be tougher for great realms such as Rome and Byzantium to balance the foreign influence they get - i.e. Byzantium getting Arabic influence, Rome being devestated by steppe riders, Teutons, getting a mixed up society, a mob that is more fragile and is easy on causing calamities such as rebellions etc. This could depend either on the AI of the game or the player (or be chosen as an option). This one could lead to weaker realms being vassals first for instance steppe horsemen arrive and choose to be either boyars or cataphracts ot pass through each stage, but once you have both tis harder to divide the privileges they gain and some of them will turn against u and your people (divide and conquer). If and only if you are strong enough to balance then a spy could do the same turn a set of knights to be rebelious against you.
The period of history I describe is just the one covered by the game the development of feudalism and the separation that occured among the vassals.
France had this strong Roman influence, Bulgaria had - the Bizantine one, and still there were Arabic Turk (not Turkish) tribes that gave much to Europe. In Example, Attila is mentioned as the first Khan of Bulgaria, but when Khazars and Avars pushed us from our home near the river of Volga (Volgar) we already had strong Persian influence brought by the Parts (steppe riders as well) Hunic way of life and government Gods and beliefs brought from many points of the Great Steppe.