PDA

View Full Version : a few questions

tonedog
01-02-2007, 14:41
how do i develop engineeing as i need this to build siege equipment?

if i trade for all the goods required for a kingdom advantage, get the advantage and then stop trading for the good do i lose the advantage, which would mean i have to have all the goods on the kingdom advantage screen all of the time to get all the advantages? is this correct?

sein as there are only 9 knight slots does this mean u cant have more than 9 armies at one time? wont this make running a large empire almost impossible?

i like the dynastic side of the game but i just cant bring myself to marry of princesses as the risks far outweigh the pros. does anyone else marry them off even if only to make the game harder?

thanx in advance

mammix
01-02-2007, 16:19
1. your marshal has some possibilities of being cleverer, one of the options is engineering (use STARS, when your marshal is more skilled)

2. when you stop importing a good, you loose it. the best way is to build it when you can, or just qonquer the province ;)

3. yes, you can;t have more than 9 armies. but don't use all slots for marshals.

4. uh, i always marry princesses from another countries: you can inherit its territory or have good relationship (if it's what you were talking about)

greetings and good luck in KoH :)

tonedog
01-02-2007, 16:44
about your 3rd answer, surely if u have a large empire u would need 9 armies/marshalls?

orpheus
01-02-2007, 16:48
Not necessarily - if you keep the chance of rebellion low in your provinces, you don't need 'peace-keeping' forces.

For example, in my current game, I have just got my 40th province, but I only have 4 marshalls, and never have more, most of the time only 3.

Your marshalls are for conquest - just keep your people happy whilst you are doing that.

One common strategy is to have your group of attacking marshalls (say 2 of them) as properly constructed armies (i.e. mix of infantry, missle and cavalry - along with seige equipment), and keep another marshall with an all cavalry force - this makes them much quicker, and if rebels arise, you can respond in time.

Elvain
01-02-2007, 16:51
about your 3rd answer, surely if u have a large empire u would need 9 armies/marshalls?
the patch gives a limit of max 8 marshals. Also I think it's not the best strategy to have all 9 slots occupied by marshals.
Have at least one spy there.. also it's good to have some clerics who eliminate revolt risks :go:

but of course it depends on your strategy :wink:
--
and as orpheus said, it's good to keep one "police" marshal with strategy and admiral skills which make him much faster.
When his army is cavalry only, he's quickly everywhere

Lord_Nick
01-02-2007, 17:04
i like the dynastic side of the game but i just cant bring myself to marry of princesses as the risks far outweigh the pros. does anyone else marry them off even if only to make the game harder?

Sometimes there are more pros than cons to marrying off your princesses:
The other kingdom may never press for an inheritance claim ... resulting in improved relations.
If you want a war with another kingdom, marry off your princess and then hope they press an inheritance claim ... instant war.
If you can marry your princess to another kingdom's king, and he dies without an heir, you might inherit some or all of his provinces.
Your spies get extra "influence"/"power" when one of your princesses is married into a target kingdom's royal family.
You can use your princesses as "inheritance-blockers". Marry them all off to another kingdom's princes ... when their king dies, you are assured that the other kingdom will not inherit any provinces ... since all their princes are kin to your kingdom.
You can use princesses to help negotiate Agreements (Trade, NAP, Allaince) or cessation of war.
You get more trade income when you are kin.
An easy way to declare war on kingdom A. If you are at peace with A, but A is fighting with B ... marry a princess off to B ... B will eventually ask you to fight A.

tonedog
01-02-2007, 17:15
ok great stuff guys.

when u suffer losses is it true u can replenish your squads (for example say cavalry) in any town friendly town, even if that town doesnt have the buildings (stud farm) to build that unit? seems a bit strange

also im playin as scotland and have just assigned one of my princes as a spy yet there are onjly a half dozen countries i can send him to. wales, ireland and england arent options. why is this?

Elvain
01-02-2007, 17:32
ok great stuff guys.

when u suffer losses is it true u can replenish your squads (for example say cavalry) in any town friendly town, even if that town doesnt have the buildings (stud farm) to build that unit? seems a bit strangejust in your cities, but you can :go:

Dobber
01-02-2007, 17:40
also im playin as scotland and have just assigned one of my princes as a spy yet there are onjly a half dozen countries i can send him to. wales, ireland and england arent options. why is this?

I have never experienced a limitation of the countries a spy can be sent to, I don't understand you being limited. It may have something to do with it being the Prince, I don't know about that though, I have never tried to infiltrate with a Prince or King spy!

tonedog
01-02-2007, 19:55
ive just started a new game as serbia and have noticed im someone's vassal but how do i find out who? i cant make any sense out of the political map in regards to this?

Knight of the old times
01-02-2007, 21:00
ive just started a new game as serbia and have noticed im someone's vassal but how do i find out who? i cant make any sense out of the political map in regards to this?

The colors of the nation who controls you as vassal are running diagonal through your country (in political map view), just press(when being at the political map view) 1 of the first 2 buttons in the "legenda" kind of thingie (forgot how it's called:scratch: ), I thought it was number 2, though aint sure. Just try and you'll see.

Elvain
02-02-2007, 10:35
Also when the vasal has common border with the liege, this border isn't black (unlike all other borders)

In that particular case Serbia is, since the start of game, vasal of Bulgaria.

mammix
02-02-2007, 12:37

hm, i'm not sure :P
i always have 2 good marshals and i use my king to destroy pesants. and it works