PDA

View Full Version : Do we know how the auto-resolve function calculates?

Kris Rhodes
04-02-2007, 22:04
Do we know how the auto-resolve calculates? Does it literally run through a battle but without displaying it? Or does it just do some averaging of some kind? Er wut?

I have noticed it seems like in auto resolve marshalls never die unless their whole army dies first.

-Kris

Largefry07
04-02-2007, 22:43
I think it runs through the battle. My reasoning is that if you watch the battle by selecting one of the marshalls, you will see that they are not in actually combat at the beginning of the battle (you can tell when they are fighting each other when the puffs of smoke appear by them). This time it takes for them to engage with each other is the time it takes them to meet each other on the battlefield. I think that the battle is accerated from normal speed since it usaully seems to be a bit shorter then if you play it out. However, I do not know for sure that if the battle is actually played out or not.

parachute
05-02-2007, 21:56
I am fairly sure, the game simulates a real battle. At least when you zoom out of a battle, which was begun by you.

I tried to cheat once, when the screen said: "decisively winning". My marshal was surrounded by enemy melee and I tried to rescue him by zooming out of the battle. He died all the same. So it seems, the battles are calculated using the situation on the tactical battle-screen.