PDA

View Full Version : Quantity of Knights / Knights' colours

Pages : [1] 2

Drake Maethor
06-07-2004, 00:10
Two topics in one thread!

1) If you only can have 9 knights in your court... Wouldn't be that number a little too small when you own a vast empire? And maybe a little too big when you rule just some few counties?
Wouldn't be better if it is variable according to the number of realms you are currently ruling? Or it is done this way for balance reasons so that the winning players don't get too powerful over the ones with few realms? (Like the corruption factor in CIVILIZATION).

2) I know that maybe it is a little later to write about this topic... This is about the colours in the knights portraits.
Now it is like this:
Red: Marshalls :go:
Yellow: Merchants :go:
Green: Landlords :go:
Blue: Clerics :nono:
Black: Builders :nono:
Purple: Spies :nono:

I find the first 3 colours very appropiate...
However wouldn't be better if
1) The SPIES wear the BLACK colour (a colour associated with secrecy and covert operations) instead of purple.
2) The CLERICS get the PURPLE colour (a colour associated with bishops and cardenals), instead of blue.
3) And then BUILDERS get the Blue colour. No special reason about this, it is just because is the colour that is left...
Maybe they could use a GREY colour, associated with stone. Or a BROWN colour, associated with wood.

I find this will help for a better interface. It is more logical and so I think it will help people to remember which colour represents each kind of knight.

Largefry07
06-07-2004, 01:52
Drake I agree with you on everything. The number of Knights in your court depends on the size of your kingdom and the colors thing.

Drake Maethor
06-07-2004, 04:54
Drake I agree with you on everything. The number of Knights in your court depends on the size of your kingdom and the colors thing.
:go: :cheers:

Sir Turylon
06-07-2004, 06:48
It wouldn't be so bad if you could have a "governer" of a city... :)

I still think that 9 knights is good enough. Remember, they are army leaders... not just some shmuck that runs the local city. :)

Drake Maethor
06-07-2004, 08:23
My good Turylon, I'm afraid you are wrong...
The only army leaders you have are the Marshall type.

And what do you think about the colors?

Bora
06-07-2004, 09:26
Two topics in one thread!

1) If you only can have 9 knights in your court... Wouldn't be that number a little too small when you own a vast empire? And maybe a little too big when you rule just some few counties?
Wouldn't be better if it is variable according to the number of realms you are currently ruling? Or it is done this way for balance reasons so that the winning players don't get too powerful over the ones with few realms? (Like the corruption factor in CIVILIZATION).

2) I know that maybe it is a little later to write about this topic... This is about the colours in the knights portraits.
Now it is like this:

I find the first 3 colours very appropiate...
However wouldn't be better if
1) The SPIES wear the BLACK colour (a colour associated with secrecy and covert operations) instead of purple.
2) The CLERICS get the PURPLE colour (a colour associated with bishops and cardenals), instead of blue.
3) And then BUILDERS get the Blue colour. No special reason about this, it is just because is the colour that is left...
Maybe they could use a GREY colour, associated with stone. Or a BROWN colour, associated with wood.

I find this will help for a better interface. It is more logical and so I think it will help people to remember which colour represents each kind of knight.

think the colors are a minor problem. but your order also makes more snese to mee, yes

Drake Maethor
06-07-2004, 13:40
User interface is not a minor thing... ;) At all.

Angryminer
06-07-2004, 14:39
The devs already played the game, and they said that they never used more than 5 marshalls at one time, no matter what size their empire was. So I guess 9 is good.

Angryminer

Ben Nevis
06-07-2004, 19:08

Blue collar workers, seems obvious to me ;). I agree with your colors.

Drake Maethor
06-07-2004, 22:54
Blue collar workers, seems obvious to me ;). I agree with your colors.
Altough won't be too medieval... :p

Frank? What do you think about this colours distribution?
Is it too late for changuing it?

The devs already played the game, and they said that they never used more than 5 marshalls at one time, no matter what size their empire was. So I guess 9 is good.

Angryminer
It wans't just about marshalls... I think the rest of the knights are also important. Ie the spy, if you don't have at least one for counter operations, then your court will be spionage playground.
A new idea:
Maybe it would be good if your governor types of knights are able to be something like SUPERGOVERNORS, that mean they would be able to govern more than just one province. Maybe this number of provinces can be based in the knight's current level (or in some skill).

Drake Maethor
08-07-2004, 05:15
Hello??? :rolleyes:

Sir Turylon
08-07-2004, 06:43
My good Turylon, I'm afraid you are wrong...
The only army leaders you have are the Marshall type.

And what do you think about the colors?
what! what!
only one army leader!!!!!!!! clerics can't lead armies!!!!!!
oh.. that's it...
*goes and buys the "other game"*
lol, j/k

Not so sure about the colors. They seem ok over here. I prefer my clerics blue. :)

purple is the color of Royalty... if you want to make Clerics more snazzy, make em Red. :)

for my part.. I'll have 8 marshalls and 1 cleric running around.. so... :go:

Cork2
08-07-2004, 15:25
I know that maybe it is a little later to write about this topic... This is about the colours in the knights portraits.
Now it is like this:

Sorry you are wrong, Knights cannot be landlords or builders. Here this has been said by them and you can find it in my faq also. Hope it helps.

About the Knights. We had 5 marshals and 5 spies. But recently two new "proffessions" came out for good - Cleric and Trader. Of course, initially we created two additionial groups of 5 "slots" for them. After some playing it came to my mind that it is much more fun (and it damn is) to have only 9 "slots" and to leave to the player the choice what type of Knight he want to have there. Now look at the knights, they have different colored backgrounds - red is for marshall, blue for cleric, black for spy and gold for trader.

Sir Turylon
08-07-2004, 19:01
um, Cork.

from the main website.
6 different types of Knights; some with special abilities and upgrades allowing them to achieve different objectives within the game: Marshal, Spy, Merchant, Landlord, Builder and Cleric.

unless they haven't changed it...

screenshot to back it up. (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0144.jpg)

Drake Maethor
08-07-2004, 19:20
:eek: The FAQ guy is a little lost!

Who will save us, no?
YO! EL CHAPULIN COLORADO!
:rofl:

(stupid joke from a Mexican TV series...)

@Cork2
The last update of the FAQ has been in.... March??
:rolleye:
You have not been FAQing too much recently, don't you? :p

Cork2
09-07-2004, 00:36
Oh man sorry i been very busy with my job and college. I don't have time sorry i didn't notice its changed. I will try to update it once i have more time. Sorry for wrong info. I can't find it can somone give me a link plz?

Sir Turylon
09-07-2004, 01:03
Oh man sorry i been very busy with my job and college. I don't have time sorry i didn't notice its changed. I will try to update it once i have more time. Sorry for wrong info. I can't find it can somone give me a link plz?

look in my above post. it's quoted from main site "features" :go:

Cork2
09-07-2004, 14:52
yes but i would like to see the the link for myself. because i haven't seen it yet and there might be more stuff that i haven't seen yet in that post.

Sir Turylon
09-07-2004, 16:54
yes but i would like to see the the link for myself. because i haven't seen it yet and there might be more stuff that i haven't seen yet in that post.

not sure what post Drake is refering to... the types of knights can be found under features on the main website.
here (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/english/gameinfo/features.php) yay for dhtml alternative. :)

shoot.... they have a new section called "Greetings" look there Cork.

Largefry07
09-07-2004, 17:23
In the unit Showcase of the English website how come the text for the trebuchet (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/jump.php?go=en|2|gameinfo%2Ffeatures.php) and the ballista (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/jump.php?go=en|2|gameinfo%2Ffeatures.php) are in german?