PDA

View Full Version : What marshal skills you use, part 2

Elvain
06-02-2007, 08:48
The question is clear I guess.

But there is also second question:
Would you consider using a mod?

I need to know this to preferably take those who would.
Why? Yes, this is a survey for a mod. The major military diference between AI and human player is experience of marshals. Average AI marshal is - in later phases of game - dramaticaly less experienced than average player's marshal.
And when the player has most impressive military success? In later phases when his 10+ star marshals meet AI's 0-5 star marshals. It's obvious why they aways lose eventhough they use very good units now!

I'd prefere other solution: make the knights age, just like kings, princes and patriarchs. Maybe the process shuold be slower, but they should age. Without this the player has very important advantage over the AI.

I need to know what knights skills we use the most - those will be weakened the most in my mod (and I recomend it also to other modders), the other may be left relatively more important, as the AI uses them more.
Logic is simple: the more we use it, the more it should be weakened.

Thanks for your help :go:

PS: sorry, but there is too many skills, so this poll will have 2 parts, please vote in both
--
It would have been easier for me to say what skills i do not use...because i use almost every skill at one point or another

About age...why not...but the way i play, AI marshalls are actually often more qualified then mine...:wink:
that's why there is multiple choice :go:

how is it possible that they are mor qualified than your marshals?

Anguille2
06-02-2007, 09:13
how is it possible that they are mor qualified than your marshals?

As i role-play, i am the king of my country and consider other kingdoms as persons as well. That means that i don't take the game with a game goal (conquer them all or conquest generally) but as a story goal. That means that i usually don't go to war with an AI if there's not a good reason for it or if the AI hasn't declared war on me. The consequence is that i tend to grow slowly. This gives time for the AI to fight many battles and gain experience. Also, i fight most of my battles myself and i do lose many of them...and sometimes i lose a good marshal so i have to regain experience for a new one. Also, if the AI kingdom doesn't have enough money to pay the reward for a good marshal i took prisoner, i will release him.