PDA

View Full Version : Butt Kicked!

zycore
10-02-2007, 18:31
I am new to this game (got it yesterday) and now I am up and running I keep getting my butt kicked! Before I can even build one building a town revolts and my Marshal is to far away so I creat a new one using a prince and get some pesants to take care of the revolt. My prince is killed the revolt is spreading and now I am being invaded and I have only two buildings built! This game sure is hard! I like it and I am playing on Normal setting. Can anyone suggest a good stragey to start with? (Playing as Poland)

Angryminer
10-02-2007, 18:42
Nice you enjoy the challenge. :go:
Your most important tool is diplomacy, really. It is important to make friends with the right people. So if someone is unhappy with you try to make friends with their friends by arranging agreements or marriages.
Beyond that, to build up your economy, use two or three merchants (make sure to get some trade agreements with countries that like you) and then build as many buildings as you can. More buildings means higher town level means more town tribute.
Usually you can neglect tax income, so if possible switch off the taxes. That gives you a 5% happyness bonus and usually only costs you a few gold coins a tick. On the other hand you can use the rebels caused by double taxes to train your troops with. :knight:
I hope those general hints help. :go:
(If you want something more specific to rescue your campaign, please describe the situation more precisely.)

Angryminer

knez
10-02-2007, 19:24
I just won kingdom advantages victory with teutonic order (it would be boring to play further so...), i had some 20 provinces, no merchants and arround 1000 gold per turn

To be honest, game is harder, but not a lot harder
All you need is to keep quite untill you have some stronger units and world is yours than. And build admiralitiers, tax collectors etc in every single city

Also, I don't like slower start of the game. Yes, I have little money now, but so do other fractions. So, they have fewer marshals, wars aren't so often, etc.

MannofWar
13-02-2007, 05:26
I think the game is way to easy even on hard with the new patch, In one of my campaigns i was attacked by 9 different nations that surounded me on all sides and the AI's stupidey could not keep its armys together to take out my citys or my two highly skilled marshals its really annoying, :bash: Did this happen to anyone else? Thanks :go:

Scott716
13-02-2007, 15:24
I don't know, I find the early to mid part of the games give a good struggle then eventually you can overcome most things. I mean really how many games do you really know where the AI can beat you once you know the system?..oh, like none maybe.

I think this game offers much more entertaining gameplay then most and the AI at least will surprise on occasion. There arn't many games that give you your moneys worth in hours played and not to mention entertaining hours played. I have logged a ton of time on this game and will many more so it's hard to complain about getting more bang for my buck, not to many games can say that. I'm sure future mods will help those out for a little more challenge, but really an AI can only get so tough no matter what the game.

MannofWar
13-02-2007, 16:43
I can think of about two games that the AI bested me most of the times, AOE 2 or Rise of Nations
I geuss im not good a those kind of games and they definitly arent as fun as KoH ethier :biggrin: