PDA

View Full Version : Unit: King ????

eagle1
11-07-2004, 10:50
maybe stupid question???

Will this unit fight or will it be like in AOE that he is just walking around like in every game.
i would like to have that the king can fight to and come with his soldiers to a battlefield for upgrading the morale.

If he die will you lose the game or not????? would be cool if you have the guts to take youre king to battle field if you now that he can die en lose youre game. :hello:

hase957
11-07-2004, 11:57
You mean like it is in Stronghold Crusador? No , the king won't be a unit.
And if the king dies one of his knights will be king.

Angryminer
11-07-2004, 12:10
Your king can be one of the knight-classes (Spy, Cleric, Merchant, Marshall, Landlord, Builder). But being a marshall for example involves a high risk to be killed on duty, so you should care about a heir before participating in such dangerous actions...
In the case your king becomes a marshall he will be able to fight on the battlefield.

Angryminer

eagle1
11-07-2004, 17:34
So you can make youre king a marshall and let him fight in a battle.
Thx for reply

Lord_Guilherme
11-07-2004, 18:32
No, the opposite. You can make your Marshall the king, but not your king a Marshall.

Finellach
11-07-2004, 18:35
No, the opposite. You can make your Marshall the king, but not your king a Marshall.

Have you read Angryminers post? You can make your king whatever you want.

Frank Fay
12-07-2004, 09:28
The king and the prince can assume any of the six Knight duties. But you put them in danger to be killed or imprisoned.

Prins_v_Brabant
12-07-2004, 11:56
thats better, in AoE the king was only a useless unit, in M:TW is was cool to fight with your king and your entire royal house

Sir Turylon
12-07-2004, 18:15
who else liked taking their king unit in Stronghold around and killing the wolves off? :)

this is nice feature. Too long have king units been immortal in strategy games.. too long have they remained seperated from the battlefield.
(hope we can rename our King in-game)

*imagines Lord Turylon leading ten Knights Templar into battle against the prince of Gascon* mmmm, lovely thought.

HappyAdolf
12-07-2004, 19:30
And fighting kings are more historically correct. Remember kings like Richard I. Lionheart of England or Barbarossa I. of Germany or Karl the Great or Hannibal or Atilla or Alexander the Great...
They all fought by themselves.
Would be cool if you could control your king like in an RPG, with a fighting-system like in Gothic2 :D :cheers: :D
I know they cannot make something like this, but would be cool for a sequel.

Kuno of Gersenau
12-07-2004, 19:35
Yeah, it's really great, I think I will look that my king and his heir will have a safety job and the other sons will go to war or be spies(because then I'm sure that they are loyal)...:D

Btw: Hannibal was not a king...:p

Henrik
12-07-2004, 22:23
The king and the prince can assume any of the six Knight duties. But you put them in danger to be killed or imprisoned.

My i suggest that if a king is used as the commander on the battlefield that his army then get a plus on their morale - it has be known to happen.

This would also make the player be willing to take the risk of putting his "king into play" so to speak

Angryminer
12-07-2004, 22:25
Up to now the best argument is: "As far as I know I'm not a spy of some enemy kingdom, so I should do the most important tasks by myself."

Angryminer

Ben Nevis
12-07-2004, 22:46
I like the "flesh and bloodness" of the kings in KoH, way to go!!

Frank Fay
13-07-2004, 09:10
The king gives you a huge moral bonus when he attends but the bonus even increases when he fights...

Henrik
13-07-2004, 23:30
The king gives you a huge moral bonus when he attends but the bonus even increases when he fights...

okay ! - that's sure nice to hear Frank :go: - i must admit that i would have found it strange if it had not been the case.

Drake Maethor
14-07-2004, 05:46
Excellent!
What does this make me remember.... :rolleyes:

Èomer! Take your éored down the left flank!
Gamling, follow the King's banner down the center!
Grimbold, take your company right, after you pass the wall!
Forth and fear no darkness!
Arise! Arise, Riders of Théoden!
Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered!
A sword day...a red day...and the sun rises!"
Ride now...Ride now...Ride! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!"
Death!
Death!
DEATH!
Forth, Eorlingas!!"

:D

:cheers:

HappyAdolf
14-07-2004, 15:00
Sounds like a songtext of Manowar :D
But I hope the morale-system will not be as hard as in American Conquest. There especially the south american indians got fear so often that they fled almost everytime I attacked an enemy fort! And they espcially feared horses and gunpowder, so if they shot first and then sent their riders there, everyone who was not dead fled!!! Impossible to win!!!!

King Yngvar
14-07-2004, 18:24
Hopefully, the king's unit will never retreat, unless you order him to. That would be the most realistic as the player's role is the king.

Drake Maethor
16-07-2004, 05:57
Sounds like a songtext of Manowar :D

Manowar??? :rolleyes: What is Manowar? :scratch:

Originally Posted by Joey de Maio :D

Brothers I am calling from the valley of the kings
With nothing to alone
A dark march lies ahead, together we will ride
Like thunder from the sky
May your sword stay wet like a young girl in her prime
Hold your hammers high

Blood and death are waiting like a raven in the sky