PDA

View Full Version : Diplomacy

Largefry07
12-07-2004, 07:21
What can we exspect in KoH in the terms of diplomacy? What can we (as the king) do to other Kingdoms?

Angryminer
12-07-2004, 12:04
Non agression-agreements, military alliances, start wars, royal mariages, ask someone to enter a war, ...start a war, ...stop a war, trade-agreements, and many more.

Angryminer

Frank Fay
13-07-2004, 09:04
and Vassellage, Breaking Agreements, Invoking alliance, pay and demand tributes, White Peace.

The whole diplomacy is based on relationship building. Also you cannot propose a Pact of Non-Aggression as long as you are in war or have not signed a Trade Agreement. So every agreement is a step further to increase the relationship and to forge an alliance.

Also the AI can be disappointed about actions towards a friendly kingdom. On the other hand AI may decide to be pleased and propose agreements while you attack an arch enemy of them.

And AI remembers,which means for instance when you propose a trade agreement but you terminated it once, they will remember and maybe reject.

bluefox
13-07-2004, 11:50
Do I get a message, when relationships change, or can I just see an overview of all relationships at some kind of "dipomacy window"?

Angryminer
13-07-2004, 14:06
This (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0125.jpg) is the diplomatic map. With it's help you can visualize relationships and agreements.

A question:
Will I be able to ask other kings about their problems?
For example, the King of Hungary wants to forge a non-aggression-agreement with the King of Bulgaria. So he decides to do him a favor. But he doesn't know what problems the King of Bulgaria has, so he decides to send a letter to Bulgaria's King and, besides some polite words, asks him about his opinion on Bulgaria's relations to find out what "favor" he could do the bulgarian King.
That would make the game a good deal easier.

Angryminer

bluefox
13-07-2004, 15:09
This (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0125.jpg) is the diplomatic map. With it's help you can visualize relationships and agreements.

Angryminer

At this map I just see countries, but no relationships or treaties or something like that.
Does a screenshot exist about such things?

Angryminer
13-07-2004, 16:46
If you would mind to take a closer look at the lower part of the screen you would see that Poland has an "Uneasy" relationshipt with Bohemia, they are at peace, don't have a royal marriage, nor a trade-agreement or military-alliance.

Angryminer

MistraL
14-07-2004, 02:46
I like the idea of having Royal Mariages, just really shows how much detail is in the entire game itself. And the fact that you can ask an ally to enter a war with you, just brilliant!

bluefox
14-07-2004, 07:45
Yes, the idea is very good...but it is not new. E.g. "Birth of the Federation" also has got this kind of agreement.

MistraL
14-07-2004, 17:58
Hmm, never heard of that one, but i do remember Shogun Total War, had something along the lines of Royal Mariages and information on Royal Families, but it was just so insignificant in the game because they didn'y take the time to make it a larger part of the game... Your would just geta little pop-up every once in a while and it would tell you someone has given birth or you have died and your son takes your place... :sick: