PDA

View Full Version : First game

knez
21-02-2007, 22:10
Does anyone remembers their first game?
I do :silly:

Demo vas on DVD of one magazine, I didn't expect anything. So I played tutorial (good tutorial btw) and went for scotland. I recruited some pesants and invaded York :king:
They kiceked my but and took my first province, killing my king at the same time.
So I got a new king.:hello:
And England came and attacked my second city. My second king died :bash: And that was the end....

KoH is the only game in wich I played demo some 20+ times cause I coldn't find the game anywhere :nono: (interesting, it is also the only game which I masterd on hard in demo :rolleyes: )
Then, I finally got it, the rest is history :bowl:

Kuno of Gersenau
21-02-2007, 22:19
Uuhhh...old memories awake. But honestly they do not awake really clearly...

I think I started with Bohemia. The beginning was quite good, I was even able to take one or two provinces when I was at war with Hungary. In the meantime my prince got killed because I forgot to watch him while he was plundering an enemy province, so the enemy arrived and that was his end.
One of my marshalls then took the crown but shortly afterwards the game was over because I had conquered the maximum number of provinces...

Dobber
22-02-2007, 00:08
I never played the Demo. My first game was with the full game, I chose Ulster and reunited Ireland, had conguered the entirety of the British Isle and then my King died heirless and I wound up as a two province Ireland(lost Munster, as well as the whole Isle of Brit). I did not know of the nostalgia thing and the need to adopt provinces to clear nostalgia, so all those nostalgic provinces reverted to former owners! I did eventually recapture them all and went on to conquer all of Europe!

Largefry07
22-02-2007, 01:48
First game of the full version was with England. I didn't want much of a challenge since I didn't know too much about the game. I remember I had about 5 or 6 marshalls that were stout. When I crossed the channel and took most of France and a bit of Spain I to fell victum of the "nostalgia thing " since my King had no heirs. I lost my newly conquor lands. Oh well. Also this is the only game in which I have completely conquored Europe.

Thunder666
22-02-2007, 15:03
i never played the demo, i saw this game in the store and tought it looked fun so i bought it. I'm not entirely sure but i think my first game was with normandy, i traded alot to build up a strong city and 2 armies ( I always made peace with every country i was at war with so i wouldn't get attacked too much ) i remember i attacked france first because they barely had any good relations with anyone and they were closest.
I also remember England being immensly powerful, when my empire reached from my starting city to halfway through spain and to where aproximatly the german outer border was, England had alot less provinces than me and every time i drove them back to their island and attacked them there my marshal(s) were defeated if not killed and then they attacked me back taking about 5 provinces before i could stop them again.
in the end i was able to conquer them by using my spy making their army revolt

patriot1
22-02-2007, 17:22
I must admit i once tired the game before(the demo) but i found it stupid cause i am a little bit conservative and the economic system and almost everything was strange for someone who had played all the AOE and a great fan of rise of nations +i wanted a lot more provinces to conquer on the balkans.Actually this game looks more like a Heroes of Might and History than to a classical rts.Anyway a friend of mine recommended the game to me so i changed my mind.

I was playing with Bulgaria(1000,easy) i didn`t know how to do anything(building,making units,kingdom power,how to trade or to use any kind of aristocrats,nothng at all) i know i should have read the tutorial but this is a chronic problem for most bulgarian pc players so don`t blame me!Soon Hungary took raska and moesia and Zeta macedonia(i gave them to let me live except raska conquered by hungary):nono:.They didn`t know who they will be facing in an hour:angry: .
Eventually I returned all my provinces and went further north and south till i conquered all the balkans and reached nowadays Poland,Slovakia,Ukraine,Slovenia

MannofWar
23-02-2007, 02:23
My first game was with Epir. After i untied all of greece me and my allies beat back the Fatmind invasion on Greece and pushed forward into turkey and reunited the Bzantines empire and conqered the fatminds, after a brutal war with cyprus and Golden hord i was stalled with my invasions and then my @#$! King dies with no heirs and im at civil war :beek: My first and best campaign :hello:

SirPaladin
01-03-2007, 09:56
I remember I played ALOT with the Romanian kingdoms... I remember conquering Moldavia with Wallachia and using fortified camps to be able to stand a chance against the evil Hungarians :biggrin:. I ****ed... but I managed to fulfill my goals and became a decent player. More recently, when I installed the game again and enjoyed it again, these memories were almost gone... ;_; I only got them back when I used a fortified camp again. :lol:

Elvain
01-03-2007, 10:04
I don't remember my first game (how could I :lol:) but I'm sure it was as Bohemia

Vladi
01-03-2007, 10:11
My first game was with Denmark, but it was without any paches or modes and it was very easy. For couple of hours i've conquerd about 70-80 provinces. On the second day i've conquerd everything.

kevcole33
01-03-2007, 15:55
i can tell you my first game with the 'hard invasion' mod. playing normandy, it lasted about 10 minutes. i think i was able to build a training grounds just before i was eliminated by france who had catapults, heavy archers, and a bunch of cavalry.

General Hoi
02-03-2007, 00:17
In my first game which was with berbers after conquering both Africa from East Sahara to Marakesh and north and the whole Iberian peninsula,and not knowing the role of religion in the game,I decided to convert my kingdom to catholic religion:bash:
The result was i was left with just one province-Tangiers