PDA

View Full Version : Style of Game

MistraL
12-07-2004, 19:18
Hey, I am new to these boards and am dying for this game.

I noticed that this game is not 3D unlike most of the other new strategy games comming out and already out. I for one, could not be happier, I HATE the fact that so many nstrategy games are made 3D because i feel that it looks a lot less realistic than it could. Even Age Of Mythology used the 3D style and it completely pissed me off. I really love the fact that this game will be like Age of Kings in the Graphics area and hope that if there will be sequels they will be like this too.

Finellach
12-07-2004, 20:08
Hey welcome. Nice to see some neighbours here. :D

Btw. I completly agree with you. I don't like 3D in strategy games. In fact I don't like it in any game except perhaps those games with first person style of play. I am veteran fan of 2D strategy games like Warcraft 2 and RPG games like IWD and BG series. 2D is by far best for games of isometric view because it's much more detalied and looks way way better. AoM was not so bad since it was a combination of 2D and 3D so it looked ok.

Welcome once again. :cheers:

MistraL
12-07-2004, 21:50
Hey, yea it is nice to see some neighbours. I love the fact that this game and the message boards are getting the attention of a lot of Europeans. :cheers:

I guess AoM did do a good job at keeping the 2D style of graphics and mixing it in with 3D, but it was very hard for me to find a decent strategy game which didn't use the 3D graphics. I am very glad that I stumbled upon Knights of Honor at IGN.com. Can't wait. :)

Tzar Ivan Assen II
12-07-2004, 23:07
Hi all
I've always liked 2d strategies and i think it was a competent decision by the develpoers to make KOH 2d.

Sir Turylon
13-07-2004, 01:31
um

small correction.

Command and Conquer 1, 2, RA, RA2 were ALL 2D
C&C: Generals is 3D. ;)

MistraL
13-07-2004, 01:43
Right right. That's what i meant lol. :cool:

the knightly sword
13-07-2004, 23:32
3d is beautifull but this game has its own style so i think it should be 2d

HappyAdolf
16-07-2004, 14:22
3D in games where the style fits to, like C&C and other more futuristic strategy games.
For Medieval or Ancient games 2D. Or a 3D graphic as detailed as in Morrowind, so that the "old"or epic athmosphere still exists.

Bora
16-07-2004, 17:10
i miss the choice "depends on the game"

for adventures and games like KoH 2d is ok. for simulations, shooters and build up games, it should be 3d

MistraL
16-07-2004, 18:05
Yea, i totally agree, I was not talking about the shooters and others like that, which need to have 3D graphics in order to succeed, but just other strategy games. :)

Spudster
16-07-2004, 20:13
I barely like 3d better like Soldiers where you can zoom in and out and move the camera around it is helpful is some battles to get a perfect position to see...but i really dont mind that KoH is in 2d because I have played some 2d games and liked them so...it really doesnt matter...though i voted for 3d...of course shooters are all 3d but that's not the genre we're talking about..of course some old 2d games are stepping up to 3d like RCT3 and CAC General....and most ww@ rts games are in 3d but 2d is not bad

HappyAdolf
16-07-2004, 21:48
Yes, I like the 3D-graphics of strategy-games like Soldiers:Heroes of WW2, Rome Total War or Battle for Middle Earth. But not such pseudo 3D- graphics like Empire Earth...

MistraL
17-07-2004, 18:18
Yes, see that's where we differ, i cannot stand games which use the 3D style so that you can zoom into the battle. I do not know why, but i cannot stand the way it looks. Like when Age Of Mythology used the 3D style, they used it to zoom into the characters while they were explaining the story. I really hope that some games like KoH's sequlel will remain 2D. :)

But that's just my opinion, everyone has their own :cheers: