PDA

View Full Version : Castles

MistraL
12-07-2004, 19:40
I just have a quick question. Will there be a wide variety of castles to chose from and build? or will there be 4 or so castles that mach the land in which you are building them such as AOE where you had 5 different castles.

Kuno of Gersenau
12-07-2004, 19:46
First: Welcome in our forum! :cheers:

Second: This game is not like AoE, one of our famous members here(Angryminer) would say that's like compareing apples with pears. (That's waht he said to me when I was new here ;))

The map is divided in about 150 provinces (relams), each one of this relams has one castle, who is also the town. So the castle is more the citadell of the town...

The castles are already there, you can simply upgrade it, but you can't build a new one... you don't upgrade it with putting a tower here or building a wall from here to ther, you simply say "build a tower" or "build a Wall", etc.

Finellach
12-07-2004, 19:58
You will not build castles as already told, but you will upgrade them. The castle represents the "capital city" of the province(which the most towns were actually). Furthermmore there are 12 level of upgrades for each castle with three general styles: eastern european, western european and oriental with numerous other sub-styles inside these general three.

MistraL
12-07-2004, 22:04
Excellent! I was really feeling doubtful about keeping track of an entire nation in the beginning, becuase I had no idea that there would be just one main city with the castle. What i thought was that there would be numerous cities along with the small settlements which you had to keep track of, and that would be difficult.

I really like the idea of having just one main city in the province and then having smaller settlements with which you trade and work wwith to make the province a successful one.

Haha apples and pears, it makes sense. :)

Finellach
13-07-2004, 00:46
Thats excatly how it will be. You can however also fortify your ports and outpots perhaps even villages though I am not sure.
You basically have as much castles as much realms(provinces) you control. :)

Lord_Guilherme
13-07-2004, 07:55
And what will happen if some trebuchets brings the castle to the ground? That means you can control 100 provinces but have 85 castles? Or your castle will be rebuilt?

rmhainlen
13-07-2004, 08:14
Were their canons during this time period or was that just a figment of my imagination.

Angryminer
13-07-2004, 13:58
1. In the 15th century the first (usable) firepowder-weapons emerged.
So no firepowder-weapons in KoH.
2. Castles can be taken, they can be damaged, but it will never happen that any trebuchet completely destroys a whole city. Not even the A-Bomb did that ;) .
So no, you can't completele destroy castles. They can always be repaired.

Angryminer

MistraL
14-07-2004, 02:50
I'm really glad ther's no gunpowder units... I just can't stand people putting gunpowder units in games like these.

So once a castle is taken over, does the province become a part of the enemy's knigdom?

Finellach
14-07-2004, 03:57
Yes. The castle/town is the heart of the province.

Bora
14-07-2004, 09:33
in other words, no town will be the exact copy of the other. there will be visual differences

HappyAdolf
14-07-2004, 15:56
and there are different castle-styles: One for West and Middle European castles, one for Eastern European castles and one for Islamic castles.

MistraL
14-07-2004, 17:55
Alright, sounds awesome. I really can't wait to start upgrading my town :)

Finellach
15-07-2004, 01:20
and there are different castle-styles: One for West and Middle European castles, one for Eastern European castles and one for Islamic castles.

I already stated that. Read above ^ ;)