PDA

View Full Version : Off topic question

Carbon
05-03-2007, 02:56
I was planning to buy EUIII, but I would like to know people's opinion first. Just give me some feedback on the game, like rating (Graphics, gameplay) and more importantly if it's similar to KoH, strategy wise, or if it's simply as good as KoH strategy wise.

Carbon
11-03-2007, 02:38
Bump, I need replies please.

Dobber
11-03-2007, 07:24
Perhaps the people here don't have the game or have not played it. Maybe you should check out the website for the game and see if there is a Demo you can download and try, then decide if it is worthwhile, or ask some people at the official message board for EUIII.

Elvain
11-03-2007, 09:28
I think the best is to ask either in some forum that has more visitors or directly in Paradox forums, not entirely in EUIII section, but in other where people like mainly other games :wink:

Scott716
11-03-2007, 16:58
You just need to go try the demo...I'm sure that will answer most of your questions...our opinions really arn't going to tell you what "you " like. It's a different game then KOH really, try the demo and read game site reviews that have pics and you'll know everything you need to know.

Carbon
12-03-2007, 23:44
Thanks for the advice

mammix
17-03-2007, 18:08
i recommend it.
all games from EU series are great :)

Richard
17-03-2007, 20:49
i recommend it.
all games from EU series are great :)
Yes they are, EUIII still eneds alot of polishing thu. Many bugs/ lack of history... They took out the heart of the series :(

Is it a decent game? Yes, I have found myself playing hours as china conquering all of asia. The new features make the game enjoyble.
However if you like EUII alot, specially the historical admosphere, like I do, then it will take some time until you get used to this new "dynamic" system. Th only historical figures/events you will get are the ones when the game starts ( you can start any day/moth/year btw I think june 1453 to 1792.) After that, everything changes, no more historical figures, no historical events.
Also colonisation has flaws. Right now a one province minor in the middle of europe thath as no navy/ coast can colonize the new world. Portugal likes to make the north east hers while englad colonises africa....
The devs promised to fix many of these flaws in the next patch.
Also, if you like a historic admosphere, there are modders working on a big mod right now.
Graphics aren't that great, 3d makes the interface harder to understand than in euII. Many details are hard to find, and the thing that I hate the most, they forgot to make a damn economical map that shows resources.
This game is not like Koh, you don't lead the battles, EUIII like its predosesor is about diplomacy/economy and colonization.
Overall it is fun, the bugs/flaws are a bit annoying, but they should be fixed with the upcomming patch. Paradox is always patching her games, so this plus the mods should make the game really good soon.

Angryminer
17-03-2007, 20:54
Has the diplomatic side of EU improved? I stopped playing EU2 because I could do barely more than declaring war or arranging marriages.
I didn't consider buying EU3 because of the bad experience with EU2.

Angryminer

Richard
17-03-2007, 21:38
Has the diplomatic side of EU improved? I stopped playing EU2 because I could do barely more than declaring war or arranging marriages.
I didn't consider buying EU3 because of the bad experience with EU2.

Angryminer
Yes. many new features were added. Personal unions are finally modeled like they should, You can inhearite, (or be inhearited by) other kingdoms through royal marriages. Sometimes there are succesion wars.
There is spionage, thu until now I can's seem to see it is working or doing anything else besides taking my money away.
There is a feature to sell provinces, but as of now is bugged.
what else?
here is a list with all the features
http://www.europa-universalis.org/wiki/index.php?title=What_is_new_in_EU3%3F

Carbon
17-03-2007, 21:39
What about Victoria and Crusader Kings?

Richard
17-03-2007, 22:04
Victoria is about economics/political shift during the industrial revolution.
Ck is about keeping your dynasty alive, through spionage/diplomacy and crusades lol.
The game closes to Koh would be ck.

Carbon
17-03-2007, 23:30
Great! I bought a package that includes Ck and HoI since it was apparently cheaper than buying Ck alone.

mammix
18-03-2007, 13:23
1. There are LOTS of patches and mods nearly after a new game, so in small time, everything is OK with game and history.
2. Victoria and CK are harder than EU, HoI, but they have their own climate. If you want to have your own great family ruling Europe, play CK (it seems like KoH is like CK, but it's different, very different). Victoria is 1863-1920 (or sth like that), i think that's the only game in those times. It's hard, but very interesting and it has a lot of options.

3. I recommend you www.eufi.org- Polish site about EU series, all the games, there's english forum too. You can meet there mods-makers, vademecum-makers, famous all over the EU world. Polish like EU very much, i don't know why, but we're good in this theme ;)

4. The best games from EU series are:
-EU 2, 3
-HoI 1, 2
-CK
-Victoria
you can also play EU1 for its history, KotN if you're from Scandinavia.
I don't have only 3 games from their series, and all I have are great games.
I recommend it and don't listen to anyone else :)