PDA

View Full Version : Greatest Trick Ever

Bronnen
28-03-2007, 04:57
Playing a Muslim kingdom? Tired of the Papacy always calling crusades on you? Here's a trick that will work to your advantage.

*Note, this requires quick action and lots of gold, don't try this if your kingdom isn't wealthy, or you don't want to cheat*

Make sure you have around 3 marshals, this trick will not always work and you will need to have a few to defend you if it fails.

Also, you need to make sure the papacy has two of your spies as merchants, this will not work with one.

First, train 4 or 5 spies, and send them all to the papacy. Chances are the papacy will hire one or two of them as merchants, and after you have sabotaged all their trade routes, they will be appointed as regional lords. Now this is where the tricky part comes in. Give the Papacy a gift of gold, as much as you can so they hire the rest of your spies, then tell one of your merchant spies to hand over the city they are ruling, the Papacy will then declare war on you. By this time, chances are you have at least 1 spy as a marshal, as soon as the papacy declares war, initiate a rebellion, when it succeeds *this is the tricky part* you must immediately return him to your royal court, and then get rid of him. As soon as he has been gotten rid of, you must hire another spy, and send them to the papacy again. They will hire that spy in the place of the other one.

After doing this a few times, offer peace to the papacy, demanding they be your vassal. When they accept, and they will accept, the other kingdoms that declared war on you from the Papacy declaring, will offer you peace.

This is the tricky part. You need to make sure that you still have one spy as a merchant, if you are content with just having the papacy as a vassal, then don't bother. But if you have a merchant, or a spy hired as a spy, then you can annex all their provinces, or kill their king and hope one of your marshals was given the kingship then make him hand over the crown.

And voila, papacy eliminated. Properly executed, it takes less than 30 mins to achieve this.

This trick does work on other kingdoms, but the papacy is the only one i know that will hire two of your spies as merchants, other countries tend to make their heirs merchants, or spies.

This trick is awesome for getting vassals as well, but again, you either need a very rich kingdom, or you can't be afraid of cheating.

orpheus
28-03-2007, 10:01
I have done something similar to this, but stopped once I had the Papacy as a vassal.

Did the same with the Seljuks last night, but managed to get a spy crowned king. I then split up their empire by giving away land to far away countries that I couldn't keep, and then taking them all once the new owner got kicked out.

Great stuff.