PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Goods not Gold

mart24
30-03-2007, 15:45
Is there any advantage to this? When I obtain a good through trade it may satisfy part of a Kingdom Advantage, but as soon as I stop the trade I loose that benefit.

Carbon
30-03-2007, 21:15
Yes, there is advantages for trading goods. You will recieve the goods without the need to expand your lands to get your resources, you will need an Admirality to get some of the tougher kingdom advantages. Do keep your kingdom advantages just keep trading.

Lord_Nick
31-03-2007, 04:55
I'd say you have to do a Cost-Benefit Analysis.

Compare what you would normally get from trading for Gold with that Merchant to what you would get by trading for a particular Trade Good.

Would that Trade Good give you:
Age of Discoveries? How much is that extra gold from all your Coastal villages worth to you?
Age of Enlightenment? Does producing books faster allow you to upgrade your Merchants/Clerics faster resulting in more trade/faster adoptions/conversions?
Silk Route? Does doubling the income from your Merchants seem like a better deal than trading with some 2nd rate kingdom?
Spring Festival? Does the happiness bonus allow you to stay at High Taxes all the time?
or do you just need Horses to produce a bunch of Cavalry units across your kingdom?

mart24
31-03-2007, 23:20
But, when I stop trading ifor a particular good will I loose the Kingdom Advantage that I gained by trading for it.

Bronnen
01-04-2007, 05:33
yes you will

mart24
03-04-2007, 18:30
I found that out the hard way. I now trade only for Gold. :cheers: