PDA

View Full Version : Scandinavian Union!

Pages : [1] 2

Berserker
22-07-2004, 15:47
So u can unite countries? Like i wanna unite Scandinavia... norwegians, swedes and danes are all the same, were brothers...

Angryminer
22-07-2004, 15:57
Of course you can.
But usually military...

Angryminer

timurlenk
22-07-2004, 17:36
or do you mean to rename it into scandinavia / scandinavian empire / whatever after uniting?

you can also unite by marriage! (bella gerant alii, tu, felix austria, nube!)

Finellach
22-07-2004, 17:57
Kalmar Union?

timurlenk
22-07-2004, 18:02
Kalmar Union?

calamari empire? :silly:

Berserker
22-07-2004, 19:25
Yea, something like the early Kalmar union, where all the kigdoms had the same status within the union. Scandinavia is strong together, so i figure a close union would be importaint for the nordic future in the game :)

Finellach
22-07-2004, 19:48
As far as I know not all kingdoms had the same "statues". Kalmar Union was as far as I know Swedish dominated. ;)

Berserker
22-07-2004, 20:11
Uncorect :) The black death killed more ppl in norway than any other nordic country, we lost 1/3 of our population and we got alot weaker then sweden and denmark who didnt even came close to so high losses. So Norway was the weakest part in the Kalmar Union, but in the beginning the 3 Kingdoms where all equals. The senter of power moved from Akershus festning in Norway to Denmark, and denmark became the strongest part. In 1523 broke Sweden out from the union and became a kingdom of their own. Norway, who still was weaken after the black death didnt manage to pull this off, and came under danish rule. It took over 250 years to get our population up to what it was before the black death came. Beu heyy, all the poor ppl in the country became richer :P

Jarlabanke
22-07-2004, 21:17
The Kalmar union was pretty much domminated by the Danes, seeing how most of the kings who ruled it were from the danish royal line and how the danish economy was much stronger than the swedish or the norwegian. BTW, if you want Scandinavia as a country you should try Victoria.

timurlenk
22-07-2004, 21:24
sweden, denmark, norway - who cares.
it was dominated by scandinavians :cheers:

Finellach
22-07-2004, 23:15
Hehe...well said. :p

Henrik
23-07-2004, 05:25
As far as I know not all kingdoms had the same "statues". Kalmar Union was as far as I know Swedish dominated. ;)

Then you need to study some history ! the creation of the kalmar union was made by the danish queen Margrethe the 1st in March 1388

Here you can read all about it Wikipedia - the Kalmar Union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalmar_Union)

Finellach
23-07-2004, 06:28
I must say it reminds me of Yugoslavia...arrtificial federation state....you're happy you got rid of it...

Henrik
23-07-2004, 06:33
I must say it reminds me of Yugoslavia...arrtificial federation state....you're happy you got rid of it...

well, it depends on who you ask - i.e. i think the danes were pretty satified with it.........the swedes wasn't :lol:

Finellach
23-07-2004, 15:51
well, it depends on who you ask - i.e. i think the danes were pretty satified with it.........the swedes wasn't :lol:

Well Serbs were also quitre satisfied with Yugoslavia as well, Croats weren't. ;)

Black Legion
23-07-2004, 18:17
hmmm I think I want to unite all the slavic Kingdoms and make it all into a huge slavic Empire (sorry not exactly on the subject)

Berserker
23-07-2004, 20:05
Actually that is the subject, eather its a scandinavian union or a slavic one...but how close can a union in this game be?In all other games i have played unions are not close, suddenly ur allies atack u for no reason and so on...kinda lame.

Angryminer
23-07-2004, 20:54
Well, in KoH an alliance needs constant attention.
Let's take the Calmar Union...
Denmark has established the Calmar Union after extremely long negotiations.
[ In KoH you would do this by establishing royal weddings, trade agreements, non-aggression-agreements, some tribute and finally a military alliance with Sweden and Norway. ]
The english king sees this great force arise and fears that Denmark which is on bad terms with England at the moment might use it's allies' power to attack the english isles.
[ In KoH this happens due to your behaviour. You support X's enemy? Now you are X's enemy! You support Y's friend? Now Y is your friend! etc. etc. ]
The english king decides to weaken the Calmar Union by making friend with Norway through tribute, a royal wedding and an trade-agreement.
But Norway is still bound to the Calmar Union, though it's relationship with Denmark and Sweden is rather bad, because of it's friendship with the english.
[ The relationships in KoH are very dynamic, see above. ]
Denmark loses patience and is about to declare war upon England. The english king realizes this and pays Norway to leave the Calmar Union by breaking it's military alliance with Sweden and Denmark.
[ In KoH this is done in the Audience-window. ]
The King of Norway holds to the promiss he gave to the english king and stays neutral in the following war.

What this should demonstrate?
Neither Denmark nor Sweden noticed that Norway was drifting away from the Calmar Union. They should have negotiated with the King of Norway to stop the english plan, but they didn't do this and so lost an ally in the war. Norway might even decide to give England a march-through-allowance, so Sweden could be attacked from land.

So keep an eye open, even on your allies :go: .

Angryminer

Black Legion
23-07-2004, 21:31
oh I was talking about conquering all the slav Kingdoms... but your way sound more interesting. I love the whole diplonatic way.

Berserker
24-07-2004, 00:08
hehe this is cool, i cant wait to play :) Thanks Angryminer !