PDA

View Full Version : Kings, Successors and Relationship

Angryminer
23-07-2004, 15:45
Hi...

I thought about a little situation:
Hungary has shown strong interest in Serbia and so it is on very bad terms with Bulgaria, because Serbia is a vasall to Bulgaria. After the King of Hungary managed to recruit enough troops he declares war upon Serbia, and Bulgaria declares war on Hungary in return.
Due to the hungarian spy in Bulgaria, Bulgaria loses the war and Serbia is conquered by Hungary.
Now the relation between Hungary and Bulgaria is extremely bad. But Hungary demands a royal weding between the bulgarian prince and the daughter of the King of Hungary.
That doesn't make things much better, but as soon as the bulgarian prince becomes King, his wife should tell him not to declare war upon her relatives in Hungary, shouldn't she? So the relation should drastically improve once the old king of bulgaria is dead.

I think this should be on the to-do-list :go: .

Angryminer

Nike
23-07-2004, 16:16
I think that right after the wedding relations will imrove! If they don't - another war!

Largefry07
23-07-2004, 18:52
Hi...

I thought about a little situation:
Hungary has shown strong interest in Serbia and so it is on very bad terms with Bulgaria, because Serbia is a vasall to Bulgaria. After the King of Hungary managed to recruit enough troops he declares war upon Serbia, and Bulgaria declares war on Hungary in return.
Due to the hungarian spy in Bulgaria, Bulgaria loses the war and Serbia is conquered by Hungary.
Now the relation between Hungary and Bulgaria is extremely bad. But Hungary demands a royal weding between the bulgarian prince and the daughter of the King of Hungary.
That doesn't make things much better, but as soon as the bulgarian prince becomes King, his wife should tell him not to declare war upon her relatives in Hungary, shouldn't she? So the relation should drastically improve once the old king of bulgaria is dead.

I think this should be on the to-do-list :go: .

Angryminer

Well assuming that the Bulgaria princess is a only child of the Bulgarian King, her husband would become the next Bulgarian King. So the Prince of Hungary who is marryed to the princess of the Bulgarian King could claim the Bulgarian Throne once his father in law is dead. Therefore there would be no war unless the was a revolt in Bulgaria which there most likely would be.

Angryminer
23-07-2004, 21:01
You switched some things:
The daughter of the King of Hungary is to be married to the Prince of Bulgaria, after the war, to improve the relation between Hungary and Bulgaria after the King of Bulgaria has died.

Angryminer

Vytis
24-07-2004, 02:18
Maybe Royal Marriage should produce a chance of the following:
Big improvement in relations ~10%
Moderate improvement ~ 25%
Small improvement ~ 35%
No change ~ 25%
Worse relations ~ 5%

Also, both countries might have a chance of increased revolt risk for a while (some factions of nobles and aristocrats are upset that their candidate wasn't selected).

Sir Turylon
24-07-2004, 03:51
interesting question angryminer.

Hungary declared war on Serbia, Bulgaria declared war on Hungary. Hungary won, but demanded wedding between Hungarian princess and Bulgarian prince. What would happen... hrm...

Assuming, for the moment that Bulgaria only has one heir to the throne and there was no dowry with the princess, the relations should immediately improve. However, what would happen if the prince disenfranchised the princess and returned the dowry as a means of escaping the wedding. (he had been eyeing the princess of Bavaria) Would this increase tensions?

One last thing. What happens if the prince of Bulgaria tries to subject Serbia back into vassalage? (think dowry with princess)

Mr Fay, will there also be dowries with marriages? This one concept could really spicen up the diplomacy. :)

roostercogburn
24-07-2004, 19:14
that was a very intresting question, but i dont think it would improve relation with the son who lost his father in war with hungary

Black Legion
24-07-2004, 19:55
I think that the relations would improve because the son WANTED the throune for a long time and is happy that the old man is gone.

Angryminer
24-07-2004, 20:53
rostercogburn:
In my example the old King of Bulgaria dies of natural causes.

Angryminer

Largefry07
27-07-2004, 01:39
Which brings to another question. Can a prince have other princes or even the king to be assinated?

Finellach
27-07-2004, 04:39
Which brings to another question. Can a prince have other princes or even the king to be assinated?

Yes of course.