PDA

View Full Version : Why you like the period?

Elvain
09-04-2007, 21:42
I guess question is simple.. I'm just wondering

1) Early - 1000
(+) The things I like the most on this period is that Byzantia is really huge and also the fact that there are 3 big muslim powers (Abbasids, Fatimids and Cordoba)
with HR mapchanges I love states like 2 Armenian kingdoms, duchy of Normans which can reunite kingdom of Sicily
(-) I don't like the British isles set up - that there are the Earldoms. But I understand it (and also in Holy Rome mapchanges I leave it unchanged) because there is nice possibility to unite England

2) High - 1200
definitely my most favourite period. In this case I mostly speak of the period with HR mapchanges..
(+) there is kingdom of Jerusalem and muslim powers all around it, Byzantia is broken up and can be reunited, Latin states in Greece, Holy Roman Empire, mighty Almohads to fight the Reconquista, small french vasals such as Flandres. Yes, I love this "golden age of crusaders
(-) problem in Prussia: I'd like to put the Teutonic order there but they fought Prussians and teh Prussians have to be put in Prussia. Also dilema with Fatimids+Baghdad/Ayyubids

3) late - 1350
after I changed it I like it better.
(+)Unique situation in the centzral EuropeDivisoin of the HRE: states such as Bavaria etc. Flandres and Holland, Bohemia being on it's peak - this situation opens very complex political situation and also possibility of fast expansion, so impossible for the minors in the other 2 eras*. The fight betwen Byzantia and Ottomans.., yes I love these.. also that the Mameluks are mostly the biggest power: there is no big power in Western Europe - the most powerfull catholic kingdom is Hungary!
(-) the number of provinces disable even more atomized catholic Europe

this is especialy from Bohemian and flemish point of view (my favourite states in the region) in early and high Bohemia lies between 3 majors: Poland, Hungary and Germany/HRE, mostly you have problem even to sign a trade agreement with someone.
Flandres in high are between France, England and HRE.. and venmore you are vasal of France: how the hell can one survive in such situation?