PDA

View Full Version : Raising Kingdom power? Also quelling rebellion.

DensterNY
11-04-2007, 15:40
First off, thanks to everyone for all the great tips I've found out about this amazing game. I just started playing and everyday there's a new amazing facet that I find.

As for my question I'm wondering why my kingdom power has always remained at zero. I've kept my alliances and went to war when it was requested of me and have not done anything dishonorably. Even with my princes married to my allies I've often not claimed their lands and I have harmonious relations with my partners. I know if you're called on a crusade and you accomplish it that your power will raise but I haven't been called yet. Otherwise, what can you do?

Also, I'm a warmonger... I can't help it, its my nature. However, I've only made war with those I've provoked or had no relationships with but has this had an influence on my lack of power? Unfortunately, it seems everytime I make war on someone new my peasants revolt and I have to divert a marshall or two back to keep the peace. I know greater power can help keep the people in line so I guess I have a twofold problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Gogo_t
11-04-2007, 15:43
You can "control" your kingdom power, by cliking on it \if you have Money \

mammix
11-04-2007, 16:25
and piety.

its good to make your kingdom power +5 at the beggining of game

Dobber
11-04-2007, 19:17
You do in fact increase the Kingdom power manually by clicking on it and paying the price with gold and piety. As mentioned at the beginning of the game it is cheaper to do, the larger you become the more it costs. You also need to adopt the provinces you conquer to relieve the nostalgia and reduce the chances of revolution! You do this by assigning a cleric to govern the province and clicking on his portrait and selecting the adopt population option, this does however cost books!

DensterNY
12-04-2007, 16:16
Thanks a lot guys... I restarted my campaign and followed your advice and there are certainly a lot less rebellions. Its funny how great this game is and how many different ways you can play it. In my last campaign I kept one king as a spy and everyone else as a Marshall and I trained them up against rebels before marching off to conquer provinces. I realized that I played that one very inefficiently but I did conquer a lot and that is an option although there's a lot to be gained by finesse in KoH.

Here's one interesting experiment I did that showed how much long term value this game has. I restarted and let the game run as I ate my dinner... I left things on full speed and did this three times and every time provinces acted completely different. They didn't go after the same provinces, make the same allies, take the same strategy. Very interesting... definitely a good find this game.

Bronnen
14-04-2007, 04:19
My favorite thing is having king or son as a counter spy, getting 4 spies, and 1 cleric, and the rest as marshals, then I declare war, all 4 spies get hired then at the right time, BLAM, reversal.

DensterNY
16-04-2007, 17:53
I didn't think about that but I guess if I'm waging war against someone and killing their marshals then they're going to need to hire new ones immediately so its a good chance to slip a spy in.

Cool man. I'm trying to change up my game playing style, I'm a Total War veteran so I'm used to just attacking and conquering everyone outright.

Gogo_t
16-04-2007, 18:03
I didn't think about that but I guess if I'm waging war against someone and killing their marshals then they're going to need to hire new ones immediately so its a good chance to slip a spy in.

Cool man. I'm trying to change up my game playing style, I'm a Total War veteran so I'm used to just attacking and conquering everyone outright.
and in 1.05 kingdoms use theyr Kings as marshals \90% of all kingdoms\ so If you kill everyone your spy can become king of AI kingdom \of your enemy\ I made taht in may last campaign :go: As you said the game IS COOL !!!!!!!!
Btw, every bulgarian strategy is cool :biggrin:

DensterNY
17-04-2007, 16:30
Well if your spy becomes the King of another province then is that territory annexed to yours? I've only had spy hired on as Marshals so far and with them to cause rebellions. What kind of options does the game give you when your spy is an infiltrated King?

mammix
17-04-2007, 16:42
you have it all on main website
http://knights-of-honor.net/
game info- featured story