PDA

View Full Version : new politics systems

Pages : [1] 2

wearerebels
16-04-2007, 11:30
i think that a new polictics patch should be made where you can choose from communism or fascism to make gameplay more intense.

KOHCN
16-04-2007, 11:37
Just like Civilization, hehe.

wearerebels
16-04-2007, 11:42
slightly but with the more knights of honor feel lol like if the population is unhappy with the curret policey of a king you can change it to a more social policey kinda thing if you can can see where im coming from lol?

Dobber
16-04-2007, 13:02
But did you have that in the time frame of the game? :scratch:

Anguille2
16-04-2007, 13:03
communism, fascim and other moden systems don't make much sense in a Royal system imho. As a king you may take care of your people...or not (taxes, buildings etc).

kiri_hacker
16-04-2007, 13:56
I think that there still need to work on the Religion : Muslims need to be fixed and maybe they can make inprovements in the other religions too :P They should be made different from each other... You should have more possibilities :P

wearerebels
16-04-2007, 15:28
that good you should have a more strong religous feel like catholics should be dead agianst musilma etc because that was the feel in that era.... or even a more modern feel like 1900

Doux
16-04-2007, 22:18
communism, fascim and other moden systems don't make much sense in a Royal system imho. As a king you may take care of your people...or not (taxes, buildings etc).Agreed - communism and fascism weren't even invented at that time, it doesn't make sense.

Largefry07
17-04-2007, 02:24
I would like to see more of the feudal system brought into the game. I think that the kings have too much power for the time and that the provences should be more independant from the King. Perhaps establishing a lord in every prov and when you need troops ask the local lord for troops to fight whatever war you are in.

Godkin
17-04-2007, 04:41
Lord of Realm 4 ?

Largefry07
17-04-2007, 05:38
Lord of Realm 4 ?

Never played.

Anguille2
17-04-2007, 08:09
Never played.

Because it hasn't been released yet :wink:

Elvain
17-04-2007, 09:12
I would like to see more of the feudal system brought into the game. I think that the kings have too much power for the time and that the provences should be more independant from the King. Perhaps establishing a lord in every prov and when you need troops ask the local lord for troops to fight whatever war you are in.
completely agree. And I must say that there's absolutely no need to have there such things as facism and communism. It would be completely out of reality of medieval world.

Btw, I think there is large space in KoH to incorporate more parts of the feudal sysem in the game. I hope for KoH 2

Carbon
18-04-2007, 21:34
The fuedel system sounds nice. Communism was invented in the 19th century, 550+ years after the end of the latest era in KoH. Fascism was invented even later in the early 20th century 680 years after 1350.

patriot1
19-04-2007, 17:49
Agreed - communism and fascism weren't even invented at that time, it doesn't make sense.

No doubt they weren`t known in these names as we know them to day but isn`t the christianity in its basic values and laws representing some sort of communism?

Richard
20-04-2007, 00:28
We need a more feudal system, something that would look realistic. Like what crusader kings used, You can start as a count, duke or king and get more tittles as the game goes. Once you are a duke or king you can release vassals.
That would be better, during the middle ages kings didn't control directly the entire country, they had vassals to take care of that, and those vassals had other vassals. It would make the game more interesting.

Traveller
21-04-2007, 07:58
Yes, but not everywhere. What you're talking about (the feudal system) is mostly in Catholic Western Europe. On the other hand, the South-Eastern empires were much more autocratic (actually, one of the titles is exactly autocrator) and feudalism wasn't so strong there (although it exists to some degree). I don't know what's the situation with the Muslim states and the feudalism though...

Btw, what I think wearerebels meant is not exactly to incorporate fascism and communism, but something similar - i.e. to be able to change from one order to another. F.e. from teocracy to autocracy; in internal state-church sense - from papo-caesarism to caesaro-papism etc.

Elvain
21-04-2007, 09:05
I would like to learn more about "byzantine" feudalism..

There was feudalism also in the muslim world, but was litle diferent, I think it was partialy inspired by persian system (as it was first used during abbasid period) and I think that Byzantine feudalism was something between this old Oriental and western systems. But all "Byzantine countries should rather incline to autocracism, should have better conditions for usage of state bureaucracy which was roman heritage in "byzantine" society.

In the KoH2 concept I have there are 2 feudal systems (+possibility of autocracy on "royal domains"): "Oriental feudalism" and "western feudalism" which can only be applied on certain cultures (Oriental: sunni, shi'ite, orthodox both dep and indep; Western: catholic+excomunicated, East christian)
With other features it would make the game really diferent when playing certain cultures. IMO it's a way KoH2 could go for better re-playability

Traveller
22-04-2007, 13:37
Uhm, Zdenek, a friendly tip: Either use Oriental and Occidental or simply Eastern and Western. Because when you use the Latin term Oriental for one side and the modern English term Western for the other, it seems like you're using also modern implycations. ;) Also, what do you mean by "East Christian", if not Orthodoxy?

For the Byzantine form of feudalism, I'll link you to Wiki's article about the Pronoia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pronoia) (and the Pronoiai units in KoH should be something like a Romean equivalent of the "feudal knights" :wink: ).

Elvain
22-04-2007, 23:25
East christians are the Copts, Armenians, Nestorians etc. eneraly the churches that didn't accept the Chalcedon council