PDA

View Full Version : Flags and Shields

Pages : [1] 2

Kyivan Power
29-07-2004, 18:12
Who is Happy with all the flags of the factions ?

I am not ... Kyiv or Ukraine .. got black and blue ... thats pretty disgusting lol
any other colour would do instead of black ANYTHING and even better they could have put the "Trident" the Ukrainian Symbol on the blue back ground and use that as the flag

kozak
29-07-2004, 20:37
i agree with Kyivan power. i think that the Ukrainian flag should be a blue background with a yellow Trizub (Trident) instead of the blue and black.

Kyivan Power
29-07-2004, 20:39
YES ! YES! everyone who agrees please POST!! lol

Finellach
29-07-2004, 20:49
I think all shields need an overhaul.

Henrik
29-07-2004, 21:08
I think all shields need an overhaul.

All i can say to that one is YES - especially the danish one - the danes should atleast have a banner with three lions and nine hearts, NOT that stupid raven.

Jarlabanke
29-07-2004, 21:10
-=:united we stand & together we will prevail:=-

:p

SEMİH
30-07-2004, 08:02
I agree too, Seljuks Flag's Eagle with two heads. Please be carefully

Elvain
30-07-2004, 19:42

I think that hearts in danish coat are not absolutely necessary, but it's the only objection :)

I guess also Byzantium shoul have golden eagle on purple shield instead of orthodox cross... still they were Romans(forget this last sentence and leave discssion about Byzantines-Romans to Royal inn where already is one thread about it :D)

Finellach
30-07-2004, 21:12
Golden eagle was used only for royal Byznatine family. The CoA for Byznatine Empire was cross with four B's.

Lancer
30-07-2004, 21:58
I think the flags should be as accurate as possible.

Hurricane766
30-07-2004, 23:16
Why can't we pick our shield design when we start? I know it's not historically accurate, but it is nice to do if you like being a certain color... we could pick colors and maybe an emblem? If we copy a computer player's emblem/colors then they'll just have to change?

Awesome updates :hello:

Henrik
30-07-2004, 23:55

I think that hearts in danish coat are not absolutely necessary, but it's the only objection :)

I guess also Byzantium shoul have golden eagle on purple shield instead of orthodox cross... still they were Romans(forget this last sentence and leave discssion about Byzantines-Romans to Royal inn where already is one thread about it :D)

okay, Elvain i would settle with the three lions.............anything but that stupid bird ( raven )

btw, as i recall the lions stands for strength and the hearts symbolizes gentleness and love....

Black Legion
31-07-2004, 00:00
well i saw a sheald that was perfect and i thought it was 4 Ukraine.... but this black bull **** that is .....@@$#%*(

Kyivan Power
31-07-2004, 00:20
Oh i hear that..... it made me wanna cry it was so ugly, Ukraine should have something better. LOL i think they just put black cuz they ran out of colours to use lol.

Dev. - Hmmmmm wat colour ... ah wat the hell, just put in black.

Jarlabanke
31-07-2004, 18:09
Where does that raven come from anyways, I know I
ve seen it somewhere else

Henrik
31-07-2004, 20:36
Where does that raven come from anyways, I know I
ve seen it somewhere else

well, if you mean historically speaking, then i know for sure that the norwegins used as their first national banner - i think that the raven represents the norse god Odin's two ravens - according to history the vikings saw it a sign that Odin was present when a raven flew over the battlefield before a battle.

Kyivan Power
01-08-2004, 01:48
so its still correct then right ? well it still looks cool tho .. lol better than my country's

Jarlabanke
02-08-2004, 22:25
Odin was present either trough his ravens or as an old one eyed man with a hat and a walking stick. Odin is thought to have been the most popular god in Denmark.
I would prefer the danish flag of today though.

Henrik
02-08-2004, 23:17
Odin was present either trough his ravens or as an old one eyed man with a hat and a walking stick. Odin is thought to have been the most popular god in Denmark.
I would prefer the danish flag of today though.

Yeahh, i would also prefer the Dannebrog, but they don't seem to care

Regarding the god Odin, then i think that you "must" be wrong i.e. as you probably well know Odin, the father of the gods, "collected" the viking worriors who died on the battlefield and they would be picked up by the valkyrians and taken to Valhalla where they sat at his table.......anyway, this was the best thing that could happen to a viking worrior and so i think that Oding was equaly popular among both norwegian, swedish and danish vikings though i could be wrong ofcourse :)

I write this because i have never heard that Odin should be more popular among danish viking than of their fellow nordic viking brothers

Kyivan Power
03-08-2004, 07:19
The Trident was used during Kyivan Rus .... I looked it up, so wats the deal, why isnt it here in the game as Kyiv's flag ? http://www.un.kiev.ua/en/discover/about/

Very Very disapointed