PDA

View Full Version : Constantinople?

Lodron
19-11-2003, 00:07
Well, call me picky but a Normanic Castle in Medieval Constantinople is rather strange.
How about a more historical accurate building and unit design? It would add a lot to the game.

What do you think Despot Frujin?;)

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/knightsofhonor/screens.html?page=54

Pioneer
19-11-2003, 02:35
Some of those screenshots are bound to contain placeholder images and might lack certain elements like churches. Given the scale of the game, if the churches have domes and a fortification of brick with a sort of strip pattern - something that the renowned military architect of Edward I Master James of St George copied in the design of Caernarvon - it should be sufficient for Constantinople in the game. It should also be larger. Even when it population dipped to around 40,000 in the mid eight century from an unknown six figure amount only to return to that level near the end, the extent of the walls, its many churches that drew pilgrims from all over the Orthodox Christian world, and its markets were of a scale that only places like Venice could really compare. Given that some of the Italian towns seem to have a different appearance in the screenshots, I hope that a set for the Orthodox east - Byzantine empire, Bulgaria and what was to become Russia - might hopefully be considered. Certain towns like Rome or Constantinople could have bonuses given that they were renowned pilgrim centres and maybe something visual to match the bonus.

Cork2
19-11-2003, 04:05
Wow 5 new screenshots and they are looking awsome.(at gamspot)

Generalisimo
20-11-2003, 18:16
maybe it will be moded later... (let's hope that! :D )