PDA

View Full Version : The Most Important Thing To Win ?

EmperorTrotsky
03-05-2007, 18:03
What is the most important thing in the game to win the game ?

For me, its knowledge (building an university, and churches evrywhere)..

mammix
03-05-2007, 22:46
kingdom adv, terrain, army size... ;)

Mircoslavux
04-05-2007, 12:35
when I started to play KOH, I want to conquer as much provinces as possible and win with the highest score.

But now, I recognized, that I'm taking more pleasure by gaming. I'm following some visions, what I want to achieve and how.
I'm going deeper into my fantasy and using to that the dreams come truth.

it is very nice game and I love history..:go:

Dogge
04-05-2007, 14:36
IMHO, at the end of the day, economy is the single most invaluable resource you want to have if you are to flourish. Therefore, one has to develop one's economy early in game.

This is not to say that you have to abandon all other aspects of what makes your empire strong. In fact, military strength is something you must develop as early as possible, but never at the expense of economy (i.e. never forego a good trading relationship in favor of just another army - unless you're sure you will need it) and always in service of your economy.

Sometimes, when my empire is big enough from the start (if you start out with Germany, Byzantia and so forth) and I see that my enemy is about to conquer a province of mine I usually gift this province to a potential trading partner just before it is conquered by my enemy. This way you stay without a province but you have a relatively good economic potential rather than have both no province and no economy. Later in game you will incorporate this province into your kingdom anyway, so one may look at this strategy as a simple act of prudence and foresight.

Last but not least, the Kingdom Power is extremely helpful in all stages of the game, so you better develop it before you go about conquering and expanding because the more provinces you have the more it costs to increase KP.

patriot1
04-05-2007, 17:25
What is the most important thing in the game to win the game ?
For me, its knowledge (building an university, and churches evrywhere)..

Agree with Trotsky,BOOKS

Largefry07
07-05-2007, 02:29
The most important thing to win is to have sons. Really that's what it all boils down to. If you have sons then you will not lose a highly experienced marshall to become a king. You can hire the extra sons to be whatever knights you want them to be and this will ensure that no spies are in your court. No losing half of your kingdom to nasltiga. Yes an good economy and a good army(s) are very important, but if you consinstly have sons these others should fall in place. Unfortanely we don't have much control over this.:bash:

Elvain
07-05-2007, 11:13
I agree with Mirco. Fun is the most important thing in the game...
I also don't find the victory as the most important thing...

but in my games strong economy is the first. Unfortunately books are not given as big importance as they shold, though they help a lot in building it, so yes, churches are often built in my cities. And I couldn't play as a madieval kingdom without a cleric :wink:

only if the economy is strong, one can build strong military... which can support the second most important thing which is diplomacy

EmperorTrotsky
08-05-2007, 15:53
I think you got my question wrong, dear friends..

When i said "to win the game", i mean to conquer the europe.. And thats why i said books are the most important thing to win, as you cant go further from ireland to anatolia without adopting the provinces..

am i wrong?

Mircoslavux
08-05-2007, 16:16

When i said "to win the game", i mean to conquer the europe.. And thats why i said books are the most important thing to win, as you cant go further from ireland to anatolia without adopting the provinces..

am i wrong?

It will be an interesting campaing to conquer without adoption, one has to deal with many uprisings and rebels..hm

Largefry07
09-05-2007, 02:22

am i wrong?

A strong, fast cavlery army can make short work of those rebels. It maybe be quite annoying at worst but it can be done.

Elvain
09-05-2007, 08:29
I don't find any fun in total conquest. The game always gets too annoyng once you own 1/3 of the map or more. I was never patient enough, I don't play the game for victory, but for fun

EmperorTrotsky
10-05-2007, 19:46
u r rite for urself elvain, but for me victory is funny =)