PDA

View Full Version : Assorted questions

John Cabot
08-05-2007, 20:02
Who takes the crown if a king dies without an heir? This game isn't like Crusader Kings where the game ends if your "line" dies off, right?

Is there an indicator that tell you when your power is about to drop a notch?

Is there a way to enhance your heir's rankings in an area like Economy?

Does only a King age? Will my marshals /merchants etc (knights) die of old age as well? Do the princes age while waiting for the throne?

Wolfitz
08-05-2007, 20:29
No, I do not think this game is like Crusader Kings; however, to answer your first question, when your king dies without heirs, one of the knights in the Royal Court usurps power, and becomes king. If you have no knights in the Royal Court, I think your kingdom is in deep ****:biggrin: If you want to know when your king is about to die, look at his age indicator, when it is at Venerable, that is a good indicator he will die. Your king's abilities, and your princes abilities are deterimed when they become adults so to speak, and you really cannot improve those abilities, like Economy, Espionage, Religion, and so on. Kings age, it does not, however, tell there precise age, it only tells a ball park like, middle-aged, aged, etc. Merchants, knights do not age unfortunately. I think that princes do age, somewhat that is, while waiting for the throne. The first prince is the oldest, and in acending order they get younger; you can change who will become heir, but this could result in civil war:go:. I hope that helps somewhat.

Lord_Nick
09-05-2007, 01:31
Who takes the crown if a king dies without an heir? This game isn't like Crusader Kings where the game ends if your "line" dies off, right?
The most experienced Marshal usually takes command. If you have lots of nostalgia/unhappiness in your provinces, be prepared for rebellions, loyalists, new kingdoms to pop up, etc/

Is there an indicator that tell you when your power is about to drop a notch?
Usually you are asked by an ally or kin to help in some way ... if you refuse, expect your KP or relationship with them to be hit.

Is there a way to enhance your heir's rankings in an area like Economy?
No

Does only a King age? Will my marshals /merchants etc (knights) die of old age as well? Do the princes age while waiting for the throne?
Only kings age .. but if you had a 2nd prince that didn't become king until much later, he will often ascend the throne as Middle-Aged instead of very young.

John Cabot
09-05-2007, 05:59
What exactly *is* nostalgia, gamewise, and how does it work? How do I keep track of it?

Dobber
09-05-2007, 07:27
Nostalgia is the people thinking back to their former allegiance and longing to return to the time before they were conquered. A period of peace will eventually wipe out the nostalgia, but it you have a cleric, you can place him as governor over the province and with the right number of books have him adopt the province and wipe the nostalgia instantly!

As to who ascends to the throne when there is no heir, quite often it is your most experienced Marshall or the one that has been on the court the longest, but not necessarily! Sometimes another Knight other than a Marshall will take the opportunity to seize the throne. This second possibility most often occurs when you have Knights on your court that are former Princes, one that was a Merchant or spy or other when the King died and their older brother took the throne.

Elvain
09-05-2007, 08:30
The most experienced Marshal usually takes command.
nope, the most experienced knight, but not always marshal

Mircoslavux
09-05-2007, 09:23
If you have no knights in the Royal Court, I think your kingdom is in deep ****:biggrin:

has somebody an experience with this situation....
it wil be interesting to see what'll happen...:eek:

4zzY
09-05-2007, 09:32
Yes I have tried what happens, but its nothing special, just another king is appointed from nowhere and nothing special happens.
I tried it with Prussia, had no sons and no marshals at all, and only one province.

Mircoslavux
09-05-2007, 09:34
Yes I have tried what happens, but its nothing special, just another king is appointed from nowhere and nothing special happens.
I tried it with Prussia, had no sons and no marshals at all, and only one province.

hm and what message have you received?

Elvain
09-05-2007, 11:50
hehe, I think it's not that hard to try.

Pick a kingdom with just king without son. Send off your marshal and lead your king to a battle and let him die... and you'll see :wink:
--
I tried as Lombardy:

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5427/deadkingbd7.png

Doux
09-05-2007, 17:03
hehe, I think it's not that hard to try.

Pick a kingdom with just king without son. Send off your marshal and lead your king to a battle and let him die... and you'll see :wink:
--
I tried as Lombardy:Exactly, and this is an opportunity for enemy spies to infiltrate your royal court - as King!

Mircoslavux
10-05-2007, 09:08
Exactly, and this is an opportunity for enemy spies to infiltrate your royal court - as King!

and then he will took whole kingdom or only part away...?

mammix
10-05-2007, 15:14
if he becomes king, he takes all of this

Doux
11-05-2007, 16:19
and then he will took whole kingdom or only part away...?He could try to hand over your kingdom to the AI..

Mircoslavux
11-05-2007, 18:01
He could try to hand over your kingdom to the AI..

what will happen, if he does not succed? It is possible that he will be discovered and caught as a foreing spy..(even if my court is totally empty?)
what's happened then, another knight (king) will come from somewhere by chance?
that's iinteresting point to see...

mammix
11-05-2007, 22:12
never happened to me, but i think that youll see "You Lost" ;)