PDA

View Full Version : Small farm

Cork2
19-11-2003, 06:57
Do the small farms that are spread out on the land around the castle belong to the knights?
Do they grow? like more farms and houses?
So when you attack them do you just pillege them and burn the rest, take all the food and gold (and women, j/k), or do you get to keep the farms?

Frank Fay
20-11-2003, 11:02
The farms are belonging to the realms. Who rules the realm, rules the farms. Farms can be upgraded by levels. As higher the levels are as more they produce. But it will be also visually represented. Also this does not only apply to farms, but also to weapon, lumber and stone production. Also it applies to Harbors and Towns/Castles. Depending on the skill of the realm ruler (a Knight) they may produce more (or less).

Frank Fay
20-11-2003, 11:06
Do they grow? like more farms and houses?

Not more but improved houses, which look more advanced.

So when you attack them do you just pillege them and burn the rest, take all the food and gold (and women, j/k), or do you get to keep the farms?

You can burn the farms = destroying them

You can plunder the farms = downgrading them

You can fortify them = protecting

Lord Sandman
20-11-2003, 11:28
Ohh, yeah..possibility to economy devastation of enemies looks sweet;)

Cork2
20-11-2003, 19:00
That is awsome thanks for the info. This game is so awsome and getting better every time you give us more info.

Jerome
21-11-2003, 09:50
i agree, i like the idea of fortifying farms....

my empire is gonna look like one big fortress ;)

hawk_knight
21-11-2003, 20:58
Originally posted by Cork2
That is awsome thanks for the info. This game is so awsome and getting better every time you give us more info.

GIVE US MORE INFO!!!!!!!! PLZ :D :lol: :hello: :rofl: :(

hawk_knight
21-11-2003, 21:01
Originally posted by Jerome
my empire is gonna look like one big fortress ;)

My empire will be bigger than THE HOLE PLANET :D

Elewyn
22-11-2003, 10:06
Frank, your answers are making me happy :)

It's exactly what I wanted to ask...
but there's one more (which may be already answered somewhere,sorry)
If the farms can be destroyed,does it also mean,that we can biuld new ones? And how theyr numbers are limited?

Frank Fay
22-11-2003, 11:55
okay, here you go:

When you start the game, you will have initially already built production areas for the resources and possible places where you can build new ones.

The places where to build are defined by the game, but the player has choices what he wants to build (depending on the terrain).

When a production area got destroyed you can build a new one.

Arjenvs
24-11-2003, 01:39
Originally posted by Frank Fay

The places where to build are defined by the game, but the player has choices what he wants to build (depending on the terrain).

But are there predefined numbers of farms in every realm...or is it in every realm the same amount?

Cork2
24-11-2003, 02:34
Also is there a limit to the resources? or is it Unlimited resource? If it is limited and it runs out will new ones appear? Like will new Forests grow for more lumber?

What about damage? Can i burn down forests? or if i were to try to take down a wall but the catapult missed and the rock hits the floor will it make a small hole?

Elewyn
25-11-2003, 00:35
Originally posted by Arjenvs
But are there predefined numbers of farms in every realm...or is it in every realm the same amount?

Good :D
Will be production of farms different in f.e.Scandinavia and Rhineland and Italy?

Jerome
25-11-2003, 10:24
will the production areas (farms, quarries, etc.) always have a 100% output or does this depend on the population?

in other words; is it possible to have unemployment or shortage of workers in a realm?

Frank Fay
25-11-2003, 10:43

The number of places where the player can build is predefined but some realms have less and some have more. Some resources can't be produced in some realms at all.

n other words; is it possible to have unemployment or shortage of workers in a realm?

No not the common way. In your towns you can have professions, which will increase production. But the zones have always the same outpot. Unless your Knight has a skill which affect the production in the realm which he rules.

Will be production of farms different in f.e.Scandinavia and Rhineland and Italy?

No... But we have different shapes for the production zones all over Europe.

Arjenvs
25-11-2003, 11:03
Sounds good to me!!!

Especially the professions....hope to hear more about that soon...but I have patience...a little bit...:angel: