PDA

View Full Version : I think the Papacy would have thrown a fit....

John Cabot
09-05-2007, 19:41
Catholics marrying Orthodox??? and MUSLIM!?!? I think the medieval Papacy would have excommunicated any king who allowed those marriages to occur!:eek: :wink:

Dobber
09-05-2007, 19:47
Well it does effect your relation with the Papacy! To enter into marriage, you have to be in relations with the nation you are taking a bride from. The relation with the Muslim country would certainly effect the Papacy's feelings toward you!

John Cabot
09-05-2007, 20:00
Well, in Crusader Kings, you woould be ordered by the Pope to end the marriage with a "heathen" (Muslim) or "schismatic" (Orthodox.) Fialure to heed the order could result in Excommunication.

How does Excomm work in KoH? It seems, on my observations, to only be used against those nations who go to war against the Papacy.

Largefry07
10-05-2007, 02:28
How does Excomm work in KoH? It seems, on my observations, to only be used against those nations who go to war against the Papacy.

I wouldn't worry about being excommuicated too much. I've had the pope in my court and have been excommuicated, with a weak economy, and I hardly noticed much of a difference. Yes your relations with all of the other catholic kingdoms drops a little, but whenever your kings dies you reenter into the catholic church. No big deal really.

Mircoslavux
10-05-2007, 08:59
if the papacy and pope bother you to much, conquer them and then you will have no problems with pope and papacy, but you need to do it very quick(because other catholic kingdoms will be quiet hostile) and you need pretty strong armies...(but two well trained knights should be enough)...
:go:

EmperorTrotsky
13-05-2007, 14:25
Well, in Crusader Kings, you woould be ordered by the Pope to end the marriage with a "heathen" (Muslim) or "schismatic" (Orthodox.) Fialure to heed the order could result in Excommunication.

not against Papacy but against the Pope..

and that means you must be kind to the kingdom whose cleric has elected as Pope.

or, u ll burn in hell:angry: :P

Dobber
13-05-2007, 15:11
Well, in Crusader Kings, .................................................. ...............................................

Well, this is not Crusader Kings is it!

patriot1
14-05-2007, 05:22
Catholics marrying Orthodox??? and MUSLIM!?!? I think the medieval Papacy would have excommunicated any king who allowed those marriages to occur!:eek: :wink:

There were marriages between catholics and orthodox for example Ioan Asen II married a hungarian princess(after waithing 1 year for the pope`s permission),the same guy`s doughter was about to marry a latin empire`s heir and Ioan Asen II would have become Vasileopatre(or what ever is the word in english).