PDA

View Full Version : Siege

Pages : [1] 2 3

Largefry07
06-08-2004, 16:00
What kind of attacks can be carryed when you are sieging one of you enemy's towns.?
Is one of them bilogical warfare?

Noldy
06-08-2004, 16:05
You mean like throwing sick cows, and rotten bodies?

Largefry07
06-08-2004, 16:10
You mean like throwing sick cows, and rotten bodies?
Yes like at the siege of Caffa that started a spread of the plague in Europe.

Finellach
06-08-2004, 16:53
There was an option to poison the towns water, but they removed it.

HappyAdolf
06-08-2004, 17:36
Throwing cows like in Stronghold would be cool, but I don't know whether or whether not they will include that. There are battering Rams to ram the door ("Come out, guys, or we'll come in!!!"), Catapults and trebuchets to throw stones at their walls ("Hit the walls, not the heads of the guys standing on the walls, guys!"), ladders to climb up the walls ("Hello, guys, as you didn't come down to us, we decided to come up to you!") but no assault towers. And as defender you can ofcourse throw hot oil on them ("Eat that! Or better: Drink that, hehe!") or put archers on the walls to shoot the attackers ("I pierced his butt! I pierced his butt! Do I get a special prize for that?").
Hope you know more about sieges now and found my comments funny ;):D

Sir Turylon
06-08-2004, 19:29
hehe.

reminds me of a certain movie.

I keep seeing... "attrition" in the building showcase... Is this going to be the same thing as in RoN... (the attrition was the one thing I disliked about RoN...it made no sense)

I wonder if we can take control of the ballista in the towers. :) Hate to see all the ballistas shooting at a light cav unit which is running back and forth, while a group of catapults are going un-damaged.

HappyAdolf
06-08-2004, 21:00
I think you can control them like in Stronghold.
Apropos Ballistae: "Hey, that's a great bolt in this Ballista! May I take a look at it?" Ballista shoots, guy holds the bolt "Waaaahh! I can fly like a bird! Oh my god, I hate those halucinations, I'll never eat those 'shrooms again..."

Noldy
07-08-2004, 11:21
hehehe....

HappyAdolf
07-08-2004, 11:33
More will eventually follow :D;):D

Sir Turylon
07-08-2004, 17:17
Mangonel ready sire!
Here's Betsy!
Into the moat lads!
Dig for victory!
Hand me a spade!
Great use of our time m'lord.
We are all macemen.
My boots leak!
Trebuchet ready m'lord.
Gawd, this pots hot.
This pot is giving me blisters!

ahh. the joys of cranky units.

HappyAdolf
07-08-2004, 18:21
That's from Stronghold, I know those sentences:D
They are cool;)

Kurtisb
08-08-2004, 03:58
Funny, I found more people who like Stronghold! I wish mods could be made for it..adding Longbowmen, Knights Templar, peasant infantry **men at arms** and of course the name swordsman should be replaced with "Foot Knight".....erm.....I guess I'm straying off topic a bit.... :silly: lol

Cheers!
Kurtis

HappyAdolf
08-08-2004, 13:13
Make a Stronghold-topic in the oftopic-Forum :go:

Kurtisb
08-08-2004, 14:59
Make a Stronghold-topic in the oftopic-Forum :go:

lol, shoulda thought'a that..... :p

Cheers!
:cheers:
Kurtis

Noldy
08-08-2004, 15:34
I like the one when they fire a cow and they call: HERE'S BETSY!

Lancer
08-08-2004, 23:20
I wonder if you will be able to mine underneath the walls, then burn the supports?

Largefry07
09-08-2004, 00:35
Has that ever been done before?

Lancer
09-08-2004, 01:25
Yes - it was an effective but time-consuming.

Sieges involved both covert and overt action. While heavy weapons such as battering rams, catapults, trebuchets and towers were trying to breach the walls, the most devastating attacks often came from underneath. Medieval miners had a very dangerous job during a siege. These men would find a weak point in the castle's wall, and tunnel under the foundation, preferably at a corner. After they had dug to their goal, loads of dry wood and brush were used to fill the tunnel cavity. Everyone would exit, and the last miner would set the fuel on fire. The strategy was, the blaze would cause the tunnel to collapse causing castle walls to fall, or be damaged enough to further exploit the weakness. Defending armies tried to detect miners' efforts using buckets of water. The castle army would start digging its own tunnels to counter the miners' efforts. If these tunnels ever connected, fierce hand-to-hand combat would soon ensue.

If you mean in a game, Stronghold included it. You would select your miners and they would start digging towards the walls/towers, then those fortifications would start to crumble.

HappyAdolf
09-08-2004, 11:16
In Castle Strike you could even use your tunneler to dig a tunnel to the enemy who digs a tunnel and then they both fight against each other.
I loved this. In Stronghold and in Castle Strike. It was satysfying to break down their tiny walls like that :p

Lancer
09-08-2004, 12:09
I hope that seiges will be a great sight to see, like strongholds and other games. Is it true there is no bio-warfare or seige towers? That would be a real shame.:(