PDA

View Full Version : question about horsemen

hawk_knight
06-08-2004, 20:59
i have some questions
1 can a horsemen be kickt off his horse and be kilt

the other question

2 when the horsemen is kickt of his horse and the horse is not dead will the horse just walk on the battfield or when the rider die the horse die.

devs do you now f this is in the game because if the horse will just walking on the battlefield when the rider is dead is better than when rider is dead the horse will be dead to

already thanks for the answer :cheers:

Finellach
06-08-2004, 21:02
Hmmm...that would be a really great feature, but I doubt this will be in.

hawk_knight
06-08-2004, 21:04
yes i now but i hope that the feature will be in the game :)

Hipolit
06-08-2004, 21:34
Hi I do not want to make you sad, ut this trait is very hard to be implemented in the game. Dismounting cavalry is a wonderfull idea! I like it too. But e.g. there were attempts at implemeting this kind of stuff in cossacks2 [comming soon mates! :)] and these attempts did not succed! :( There were so many problems with game, that they resigned from that. So I thing that the horse and a rider will behave as if they were one living organism... they will fight together, stand together and die together...

Best wishes

Hipolit [moderator at www.gamershall.de]

HappyAdolf
06-08-2004, 22:45
YOU CAN DO THIS IN CASTLE STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!
YES! YOU CAN DO! YOU CAN USE YOUR ARCHERS TO SHOOT THE RIDERS OFF THEIR HORSES!!!!! AND YOU CAN USE YOUR PIKEMEN TO KILL THE HORSE AND THE GUY WILL FALL DOWN AND STAND UP THEN AND FIGHT AS INFANTRY!!!! THAT'S GREAT!!!
So, and now to KoH :D
I asked this question once in the German Forum and they said, they will not include this. But:
BUY CASTLE STRIKE :D:D:D

Noldy
07-08-2004, 11:14
In castle strike, you can even mount some units. You train horses, and then mount them.

Hipolit
07-08-2004, 12:40
Yep, but how many units you can have at once on the map...? Not much I suppose... up to 300...

But I would like KoH to be a game with big possibilities, over 60 000 of knights on the map! That would be just great!

Best wishes

Hipolit

Largefry07
07-08-2004, 16:45
Yep, but how many units you can have at once on the map...? Not much I suppose... up to 300...

But I would like KoH to be a game with big possibilities, over 60 000 of knights on the map! That would be just great!

Best wishes

Hipolit
I'm not sure if it is that many.

Sir Turylon
07-08-2004, 17:13
historical accuracy would help stop the "dismouning the knight and horse survives" idea.

Usually, the horse was killed or maimed to "dismount" the rider. It'd be nice to see though.

Lancer
08-08-2004, 23:35
Yes, I agree Turylon, although the use of caltrops did help to maim the horses, so that the knights were thrown off. If there was dismounting in this game, it should decrease greatly in the late medieval age, where most knights had their steeds covered with plate armour sections.

I do however think there should an option to have your knights fight dismounted, as this was sometimes an advantage, and many kingdoms, such as England often used Knights on foot rather than on horse.

Augis
17-08-2004, 12:30
I think the best would be to buy horseman together with his horse it would be boring to mount all your warriors especially when you have big army.