PDA

View Full Version : A Few Questions?

rolanddes
13-05-2007, 21:03
I have a few questions about KoH. It d be great if someone could answer.

1-Game started with a king and a prince. Then my king died and the prince got crowned. After some time the king (the former prince) had three sons. These sons grew up to become princes. Now, is the king going to die like his father or that dying king thing is one time thing?

2-After the king dies and the eldest prince becomes king what happens to other princes? I heard that if they are marshalls they become rebels. But what if they do nothing in the court or they are just merchants or clerics.

3-When do the the princes who are not crowned die?

4-What happens if it takes too much time to conquer the time? Does the game end? Or some other king is voted ok to be the ruler of europe?

5-I play with Ulster. I united Ireland. And conquered some place called Castilla in Spain. In Castilla I built all nececary buildings for Feudal Knights. I have horses coming from trade. Simply I have everything to create Feudal Knights. But I do not see any option to create one? Whats wrong?

Thanks..

Elvain
13-05-2007, 21:58
hi and welcome!

1 - the kings, popes and patriarchs (if you are orthodox independent) age so they will all die sooner or later. Not your knights at the royal court

2 - if the princes are assigned as knights, they became normal knights, if they aren't, they die. You can also chose the successor (mostly it is the eldest, but if you click at some of younger princes he will become the heir). If the eldest doesn't inherit land and is your marshall, he rebels against the new king, if not he mostly doesn't do anything (the savest way is to send him to some battle and let him die, but you will lose kingdom power)

3 - when their father dies and their brother becomes king

4 - the new king will (or will not) have his own sons and daughters who can be married to other princesses/princes. There is no time specified for the game's end.. you will play untill you win (or lose), you can win either by achieving all kingdom advantages or being elected emperor of Europ or by total conquest of all provinces

5 - units are distributed among provinces and the distribution doesn't change during the game. If there is no possibility to build feudal knights in Andalucia there's no reason to build all required buildings. To get feudal knights you can buy them in mercenary camps or conquer some province in France or Gremany.
This way you won't be able to hire f.i. Longbowmen in Egypt unless you play as Wales, you won't be able to buy Vikings in Greece unless you play as scandinavian kingdom or won't be able to build mameluks in England unless they are your kingdom specific units

Angryminer
13-05-2007, 22:00
Hello.

1. Yes, all monarchs age and will some day die of old age. If you make your king a marshall he might also die in battle.
2. If the non-crowned princes were knights at your court at the time of their brother's coronation they will stay there, but they'll loose their royalty-status.
Princes can turn into rebels when you use the crown-selector in the 'royal family'-menu to give your crown to a prince that is not the eldest son. The elder brothers will then be rather unhappy and might raise an army against your new king.
3. If the princes were not knights at the time of the coronation of their brothers they immediately disappear from the game. If they were knights they stay knights until you exile them (yes, they become immortal by becoming knights, kind of a design flaw :wink: ).
4. The game has no time limit. The only conditions for the end of the game is that someone became emperor over all europe or you were conquered. If you are the one who became emperor of europe (by whatever means, election, conquest, kingdom advantages) the game ends with victory, if someone else became emperor of europe you loose and if you were conquered that's obviously also a loss. :wink:
5. Not all provinces can recruit all units. Click the recruitmen-botton and see wether the feudal knights are there. The province is only capable of producing units that are in that menu. If they are greyed out/darkened you can't build them because something is missing, if they are lit you can recruit them, if they aren't there you can't recruit them in this province at all.

I hope that helps. :go:

Beaten by Elvain by 2 minutes. I'm slow. :wink:

Angryminer

rolanddes
13-05-2007, 22:21
These helped a lot guys. Thank you both very much.