PDA

View Full Version : Inflation - The challange for the economic mastermind

Pages : [1] 2

Angryminer
09-08-2004, 12:07
Hi...

On this (http://www.knights-of-honor.net//gfx/screenshots/scr_koh_0146.jpg) screenshot we can see that KoH will feature inflation. We can also see that whoever was playing while taking this screenshot really isn't a man of economics and money, because the inflation raised to crazy 274% under his rule :) .
However, KoH's motto is "Fun over accuracy". So I wonder how accurate the inflation-model is and how complex it will be to control the inflation-level.
Any information on this? Or opinions ("I hated inflation in EUII!" - "I want a royal bank to control the inflation, the new knight-profession 'broker' and the new title 'Brokers of Honor'. Woho, economy go!")?

Angryminer

HappyAdolf
09-08-2004, 15:27
Inflation in Germany was really that high- after the First World War :D
But I like inflation in the game. Makes it more realistic and that could mean you can print money everytime you need money! That can lead to an inflation of 1000%!!!!! Then the population won't like you because their money becomes worthless, but what the ****, I don't care about them if I can print money whenever I want :D

Hector
09-08-2004, 16:21
lol hehe i dont think they had printers back then

HappyAdolf
09-08-2004, 17:43
Well, they "printed" coins, or how do you call it when you're making coins? Isn't it to print coins? Hmmm....
Alright, making coins :D

Hector
09-08-2004, 17:52
i think they payed with gold back then and silver and then coins

HappyAdolf
09-08-2004, 17:55
Gold and silver Coins mostly.

Noldy
09-08-2004, 20:00
Yeah, it gives more depth to the game if you add economic challanges like inflation.

Sir Turylon
10-08-2004, 00:47
Adolf. it depends upon what time period.

first they were just stones and mud tablets with numbers on em. then bronze came and molding developed. then machinery took over and began to stamp them. now-a-days.. coins are made in mints by large stamping presses from proofs. heh :cheers:

*flicks a penny at Adolf the happy skirt chaser*

Frujin
10-08-2004, 10:16
The Inflation in KoH is very different thing that in EUII and is one of the game rules BSS are very proud of. :)

The basics are:

1. Initially you do not have inflation
2. You collect gold each game tick
3. Your gold is gathered into the treasury
4. When you do not use your gold, the inflation starts to rise
5. To decrease it, you can either sped some gold or increase your income
6. The effect of the inflation is that when it rises from 0 to 100% your income is reduced more and more
7. when the inflation hits 100% it will "eat" all of your income, so you will receive 0 gold each game tick
8. If in that moment you get some gold as a tribute for example, it will be added to your treasury and the inflation will get over 100%
9. In such case it will start to "eat" your gold in the treasury. So, you better spend it quickly :)

That's in brief.

HappyAdolf
10-08-2004, 10:42
Frujin is back!!!
Thx for the info!
That gonna be cool... heh.

Angryminer
10-08-2004, 12:55
Go! Inflation Devil! Go! ;)
It isn't completely correct, but I like it!
:go:

Angryminer

Noldy
10-08-2004, 17:17
As I said, much more deprh ;)

Hector
10-08-2004, 18:39
the thing that i dont understand if u dont spend money how can inflation rise?

Angryminer
10-08-2004, 18:41
That's "Fun over accuracy".

Angryminer

Elvain
10-08-2004, 19:25
thanks, Frujin :go:

is spending the only way how to make inflation lower? :D
How high your expenses must be to make inflation back to 0% from 100%

Noldy
10-08-2004, 20:01
No, not only by spending more. If your icome increases, inflation gets lower.

Elvain
10-08-2004, 20:07
:silly: sorry. My wrong reading...

THANKS

HappyAdolf
10-08-2004, 20:27
As long as I can make the money to become worthless, it is good :D
I like it when inflation comes that makes the population unhappy, and I wanna be a gruel leader, harhar!
I GONNA KILL EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT BOW BEFORE ME!!!
That gonna be a great game for me :D:D;):D:D

Noldy
10-08-2004, 22:02
Watch out for rebellions who want to spoil the fun ;)

Angryminer
10-08-2004, 22:12
I thought about the inflation-system in conjunction with the Holy Roman Empire, which is supposedly lead by "Germany".
Won't the Emperor have an extremely hard time to keep all his allies (Palatinat, Brandenburg, Austria, Gelre, Bohemia, Italy) in his diplomatic line, because everytime he tries to gather some money (in order to pay his allies for political actions) the inflation raises?
Or will the inflation drain by exactly the same percentage when he spends his money on tribute as when he spends it on economy?

Angryminer