PDA

View Full Version : Making own laws?

HappyAdolf
10-08-2004, 20:30
Here a good question:
Can you make laws by yourself?
Maybe make a law that every citizen of your realm has to give all his money to you if he owns more than 500 Gold pieces :D
Or a law that women may not wear clothes :D

Allright, the last one will surley not be possible, but it would be cool making your own laws...

Hector
10-08-2004, 21:14
yeah then Drake can impose the law prima nocte

HappyAdolf
10-08-2004, 21:18
Hehehe....
He surly would :D
I would include the law of every woman in my country (below the age of 50... otherwise: eek! :D) who marries a guy has to spend two weeks with me first.

Hector
10-08-2004, 21:24
below 50..........

HappyAdolf
10-08-2004, 21:27
Yup. Alright, let's say below 40...
But with below 50 I'll get more girls (Ahem-hem :D)

Edit:
Those over 60 go to you then :D

Hector
10-08-2004, 21:35
keke i will forbid people to marry so u cant have any:D

u know the rest:D

HappyAdolf
10-08-2004, 21:42
See, everyone will have his fun by making his own laws :D
I will forbid all other players to conquer my country :p
Then I'm invincible :D

Noldy
10-08-2004, 21:57
OK, enough with the jokes.
Making own laws is almost impossible i think, because SUCH a variety of laws. But i still think you should be able to raise tax, or allow inquisition, very crucial thing, not oo many. I like all tings that give more depth to the game :D

Elvain
10-08-2004, 22:08
god fun in this thread, but actually I doubt if KoH goes so far in realism....

---EDIT---
bah, I meant "good" fun, not "god" :D

the knightly sword
28-08-2004, 10:35
OK, enough with the jokes.
Making own laws is almost impossible i think, because SUCH a variety of laws. But i still think you should be able to raise tax, or allow inquisition, very crucial thing, not oo many. I like all tings that give more depth to the game :D nice suggestion :go: ;)

Lighthope
29-08-2004, 01:32
It would be impossible to make a game so open-ended as to allow you to make any law you want.

Best you could do is provide a list of laws that you, as king, have the choice of enforcing. And each law would have positive and negative effects. For example:

Law: Women shall be required to dress modestly at all times.

Positive: Church bonus

Negative: Morale loss.

If you have a cool list like 100 of these laws, you would have some nice variety. Could even limit how many of these optional laws you can have "on the books" at a time if you want.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - Computers will help us to solve problems we wouldn't have without them.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net

--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org