PDA

View Full Version : Crusades (Important)

EmperorTrotsky
22-05-2007, 19:10
At real past, there were just 8 crusades against muslims, but in the game they never last and its makes too hard to play wit muslim kingdoms..
:cleric:
Crusade after crusade, its dumb! i hope a patch can fix it, or KOH2 will be more realistic..

Have your say please..

Love Y'all.. Peace :amen:

derton
22-05-2007, 21:27
:lol: More crusades-more fun. :angel:

Elvain
23-05-2007, 07:26
you are right, EmperorTrotsky, the number of crusades was much lower during middle ages.

It is caused by diferent definitions of crusade in the game and in history.

Crusades as they are now are incomparably less effective. They are big threat for all muslim and pagan (!) kingdoms once they cross limit of wars against catholics.
Pagans have advantahe that they autoconvert provinces to paganism, while the muslims don't so the coeficient for crusades is constantly higher.

if you would like to have "historically accurate crusades" they would have to meet several conditions:
1) catholic world feels to be endangered by muslims
2) demographic expansion of catholic kingdom(s)
3) catholic rulers trying to improve their image as good christians
4) crusader leaders having good relations with the papacy

Crusader armies would have to be much bigger than now (would be undefeatable) but the overall number would be lower

but at least points 1 and 2 are very hard to define in actual KoH so the game has to solve the problem in a diferent way. The number of crusades is higher, but they are weaker than they should be.

EmperorTrotsky
24-05-2007, 17:46
Crusader armies would have to be much bigger than now (would be undefeatable) but the overall number would be lower

Elvain, crusader armies weren't defeatable.

Only the first crusade was able to conquer Palestina and Jerusalem (1906-1909) but later Turks have re-capture those places.

At 4th Crusade, Crusader Army conquer and pillage Constantinope (Latins)

In whole other crusades, Crusader Armies had lost..

If you want more detailed history of Crusades i can explain.

Peace.

Elvain
24-05-2007, 19:20
I know history of crusades very well. And I know that if they would be led at least little wisely and would accept advices of those who knew situation they would not lose (considering how large the armies were)

third crusade won almost all battles it was engaded in. It just didn't fulfill it's igoal - reconquest of Jerusalem, which was "mission impossible"
if leaders of 2nd crusade would do the same, they wouldn't lose under Damascus
4th crusade is a diferent story, but it also haven't lost a battle
Frederick II. didn't win all, but using combination of diplomacy and army he managed to sign peace which was good for the Latins

so after all only 2nd and last 2 crusades (3 in total) completely failed. Exept the last one both because of tragic strategic planning.

I assume that armies of all crusades after 4th were much weaker, but when I talk about crusades I mostly refere to those first 3/4

Mircoslavux
25-05-2007, 09:17
(1906-1909)
Peace.
????:scratch:

EmperorTrotsky
27-05-2007, 19:08
????:scratch:

:go: sorry, 1096-1099 =)

and about the "peace", i always use this at the end.. like a signature.. i love peace =)

peace.

Valdemar
30-05-2007, 14:14
Actually there were more than 8 crusades, because we, the danes, crusaded along the shores of the baltic sea where there were pagans.

These were official crusades with the popes blessing, but they were ofcourse smaller than the crusades in the holy land.

I also know that the pope made crusade against non-catholic christians people in spain (dont know the word in english), so theese mini-crusades might be widespread.

There were 8 major crusades, but KoH might reflect alle of the minor crusades too.

Shibby14
19-06-2007, 14:22
well yeah, there were tons of crusades. The Teutonic Order attacked eastern europe a number of times and all in the name of god and the pope.

Bronnen
23-06-2007, 22:18
Not only that, but you are forgetting the crusade of Peter the Hermit, that one got destroyed completely.

But i think what he means by "undefeatable" is that they were more than one kingdom, instead of just 9 units. The armies were in the thousands, so it's kinda hard in that matter, but you could fix that. Make a crusade a global effect, and kingdoms could decide to join in with their men or not, if they do than relations with catholic kingdoms increase, if not then decrease.

Also, everyone is forgetting the Viking crusades, when they basically owned the largest empire in the world for about 20 years, then they got bored and left.

Victus Succor
24-06-2007, 12:35
Those non-catholic christians are called protestants.....after the word "protest," which is what they were doing to the catholic church by breaking away.