PDA

View Full Version : Conversion question

Pages : [1] 2

Koson
30-05-2007, 14:13
I started a new game as Wales and was thinking after I "grow up" a bit to convert to Islam (I like to keep my clerics for myself :smile4: ).

What consequences would this have? Will I be DoW-ed by all the neighboring Catholic nations / just by the Pope / targeted by one or several crusades OR nobody could care less?

I know I could wait and see but am not that far into the game yet and I'd like to be a bit prepared by training my royal knights into the "right" jobs for it (so many clerics / so many marshals & so on :smile2: ).

Xuca
30-05-2007, 20:02
If you change your religion you'll lose all your provinces except the original ones (or except the capital only, I'm not sure). Your old religion countries will hate you now and your new religion ones will like you.

Elvain
30-05-2007, 20:06
I don't remember doing it, but I think the result would be much worse relations with al kingdoms of your former religion.
I don't think you'd lose all provinces except original ones, but might lose some and there will definitely be bunch of rebellions (as the KP will decrease and provinces with other than targeted religion will not like it)

Koson
30-05-2007, 22:12
Just tried it for fun before wining the game by KA - effects are Kingdom Power loss (from +5 to -5), worsened relations with Catholic nations and improved relations with Muslims (but not a huge change) and indeed some unhappiness and rebellion risks in Catholic provinces.

kwallace
31-05-2007, 00:01
Well I just had a game I quit playing with kazan where i converted to christ.

After a fair way into the game...and constantly being at war ALL my provinces went back to tribalism, i dunno if it was because of where I was or because of the conversion but it was not very fun to play then

Koson
31-05-2007, 00:09
Couldn't have been possible you had a Cleric who was actually somebody else's spy? That way he could have converted your provinces making it appear as something happening by itself - had this happen to me waay back in one of my first games and since then as a rule all my Clerics are royal princes.

kwallace
31-05-2007, 01:04
Well probably not as I was using the cleric to convert and immediately after I converted it, it went back again. I really mean right away, the cleric wouldnt have had time to convert it again

Dobber
31-05-2007, 05:06
Playing as Sicily, I converted from Islam to Catholicism and I did not lose any of my captured provinces. There was a hit on KP, but I soon rectified that!

derton
31-05-2007, 15:49
When i played with Scotland (i gues it was scotland) i had about ~30provinces and after my conversation to islam i lost more than half provinces... But i recaptured them very fast :lol:

Dobber
31-05-2007, 16:02
Had you adopted the population in all of them or did the half you lost still have feelings of nostalgia?

Largefry07
01-06-2007, 03:30
I played the Iklaids (spelling???) I converted from Islam to Orthodox and lost all of my prov, except for my orginal provs and the ones that had the new religon. Also I had no nostalgia in my kingdom at all. Later, with more than half of my 30-40 prov converted to Orthodox, I converted back to Islam and did not lose any provs. Once I had regained my KP back, I reconverted again to Orthodox and did not lose any provs.

Elvain
01-06-2007, 08:42
I think it also depends on your king's religious skill

EPDJ
11-06-2007, 05:59
Pagan > Islam = bad... apparantly they did not like my choice of religion.. should have gone with orthodox. Wierdly enough, even the islamic nations didnt like it.. I had colonies in africa turn against me too, even though they were originally islamic...

Also if you look closely at the second image... it says prussia officially accepted the muslim religion and they STILL broke off... YOUR FIRST PRUSSIA!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/Animeshon/lithuaniabefore.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/Animeshon/lithuania.jpg

Elvain
11-06-2007, 08:28
only I can say is OMG!:eek:

Dobber
11-06-2007, 19:13
only I can say is OMG!:eek:

Ditto that!

OMG

Doux
11-06-2007, 22:25
At least the game's more exciting now.

Xuca
12-06-2007, 15:33
See, I told he'll lose all his provinces. :biggrin:

Largefry07
14-06-2007, 04:12
Well there's several hours of work gone down the drain.

Lord_Nick
16-06-2007, 01:19
I like how his KP went from +5 to -5, his marshalls all got the boot from their castles, and his income went from positive to negative. :bash:

A post-conversion AAR would be interesting to read. How quickly did your Royal Court clear out, and in what order? Did any of your former provinces invade and conquer you? :sad:

Dobber
16-06-2007, 01:25
Now that would be a great challenge to try and overcome! Maybe I will try that some time! Or perhaps maybe EPDJ could make his savegame available for others to use as a challenge!

BTW- Welcome to the forum. EPDJ! :halloha: