PDA

View Full Version : Two (new) questions to the ships:

Kuno of Gersenau
21-08-2004, 18:53
Hi,

I don't know if it was already asked, but I'm curious if it's possible to buy some ships, to croos the sea, in an harbor of another nation. (Who isn't an enemy offcourse)

I would like to give you an example:

The king of Germany wants to send an army for a crusade to Jerusalem, but he has only connection to the sea on the Nort and Baltic Sea. So he decides to march to Venice and to hire there some ships, with them he is much faster than he would sail around France and Spain...:)

Or another one: The crusade takes the way of the historical 1. crusade, and crosses the Balkan. Then he needs some ships in Constantinople...

And I have also a second question, when the troops are landing, and walk then away from the coast, do the ships waiting there? So thaht it is possible for me to destroy them, so that the army can't sail home anymore? Good exaple for this is what the British did with Napoleons ships when he was in Egypt...:)

Angryminer
21-08-2004, 19:20
You never buy ships, your armies just turn into ships when they leave the coast.
....as far as I know...

Angryminer

Kuno of Gersenau
21-08-2004, 20:02
ok, but is this the same when you start from a foreign harbor(if this is possible) or do you have to pay there? This is what I wanted to ask, seems that I didn't write this clear...

Finellach
21-08-2004, 20:35
It depends on your route choice I guess...

Kuno of Gersenau
22-08-2004, 17:51
how do you mean this? :scratch: