PDA

View Full Version : I'm done with KoH

knez
19-06-2007, 21:59
Game doesn't represent any challenge anymore.:nono:
I know just about everything, and that's it. Once I got going (like 20 minutes), it's just a matter of time before I get so unbeatable that. Arggrarrrgghhh

like this game now, I haven't lost a single battle (crusades exceptions, but thats only because I lounch like 20 of them when I got pope.) Byzantia is 2. kingdom after me, and only reason they exist is I don't want to click my mouse anymore.

I want KoH2 :angry_blue:

hunter_HUN
19-06-2007, 23:27
why not use hard mod invasion? that I know, with this mod the game be very ... hard :D difficult.

Elvain
20-06-2007, 00:35
as said already thousand times:
if your goal is a victory the game is not very much of fun after some time.

I don't think if you played it as much as I (to be honest I really doubt), but for me there is still someting new in many games even now...

if you want KoH2 you'll have to wait several years....

knez
20-06-2007, 00:46
yeah, I know, building your empire etc.
but seriously, how interesting can that be on the same map for 50. time?

about invasion mod, I don't like how it sounds, because, eaven with this new patch sometimes AI sends army after army after army, and it's not really hard to beat them (cavalary army = fast moving + fortify --> unbeatable)
it's more of annoying clickfest

Dobber
20-06-2007, 00:52
All I can say is handicap yourself! Restrict yourself to only certain types of units, change the skills you train your Marshall's. Restrict yourself to a certain number of Marshalls. Limit the number of squads a Marshall can have under his command. There are a lot of things you can do to limit your superiority over the AI. Limit yourself to playing with even KP, or perhaps no more than +2 KP. Just set your limitations before starting and hold yourself to them.

Elvain
20-06-2007, 08:50
knez, it's not only this.
Try diferent ways and there are many:
buildup a merchant republic. Try to go for resources, not for land...

or use only diplomacy to expand.. or espionage... or play diferent ways everytime your king dies... Give yourself some goals that you have to achieve in some specified order and subordinate diplomacy and everything to these goals.

When I was playing the way: "here's a neighbour who has province I want so declare war and take it. Oh, this guy declared war at me, so attack him and take what I can. Another did, so destroy also him" - the game got boring just because you get as dumb as the AI, having no real goals - just adaptiong to actual situation.
But making hierarchy of your allies and stick to the alliances whatever it costs or trying to keep your allies alltogether in one alliance (means to search for common enemies).

To be honest, playing the way I play with my mod I'm not able to win - I need to change my tactic to be able to win and I like it :go:

Emperor_Konstantin
20-06-2007, 10:00
If you had save-load before major events, try without loading.

Victus Succor
20-06-2007, 13:45
All this talk about how easy it is to conquer, which I agree with and I only been playing the game for about 2 weeks. Yet, there exists very little information in another thread I started on actually winning this game.

So, I agree, conquering for the sake of conquering would get boring very quickly. How about working more on winning, which requires some thought to diplomacy, on less on conquering, which doesn't require any deep thought besides point and click:go: .

kiri_hacker
20-06-2007, 16:08
Just try to play without merchants...It's doesnt get very difficult but it's definitely better :cheers:

Ledhead
20-06-2007, 22:34
i've just unshelved it!
is there a simple way to determine if u've succeeded installing the Holy Rome mod? does it say anywhere on the screen or any subscreen that u'r playing the mod? cos i'm not convinced i installed it right...:scratch:

Dobber
20-06-2007, 22:36
That might be better asked in the modding section, where the modders are more apt to see it.

Ledhead
20-06-2007, 22:54
yeah...i came up with that question between 's' and 'h' in 'unshelved' and didn't think that it was the wrong thread...sorry!

Dobber
20-06-2007, 23:06
Since it was asked in a thread titled "I'm done with KoH", it might not be seen as quickly as if it had it's own thread in the Modding section or even asked in the Holy Rome 1.8 thread!

Elvain
20-06-2007, 23:57
i've just unshelved it!
is there a simple way to determine if u've succeeded installing the Holy Rome mod? does it say anywhere on the screen or any subscreen that u'r playing the mod? cos i'm not convinced i installed it right...:scratch:
it doesn't say nowhere...

I answered your question here (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?p=357934#post357934)