PDA

View Full Version : most respected/most hated

Victus Succor
22-06-2007, 13:38
OK, I see these indications. But what determines them, and what in game difference does it make.

To clarify.....

1) how is the respected score determined?
2) likewise, how is the hated score determined?

I noticed that there were more countries with other countries having red relations, yet I my score is 3X higher than anyone elses.

3) what does being respected do for you?
4) what does being hated do to you?

Dobber
22-06-2007, 14:55
Being respected helps improve your relations with other countries, likewise being hated harms your relations with other countries!

Carbon
22-06-2007, 16:17
OK, I see these indications. But what determines them, and what in game difference does it make.

To clarify.....

1) how is the respected score determined?
2) likewise, how is the hated score determined?

I noticed that there were more countries with other countries having red relations, yet I my score is 3X higher than anyone elses.

3) what does being respected do for you?
4) what does being hated do to you?

1) You're respected if you are in a series of trade agreements, pacts of non-aggression or alliances I think

2) Being hated is how many countries don't like you and by how much, i.e how many fueds or countries hostile to you.

3) and 4) Just like what Dobber said, being hated means countries don't like you, being respected means you have a good chance of making countries like you alot.

Dobber
22-06-2007, 20:56
I have had games in which I was the "Most Respected" & the "Most Hated" at the same time! :biggrin:

Largefry07
22-06-2007, 23:11
2) Being hated is how many countries don't like you and by how much, i.e how many fueds or countries hostile to you.

Not always. I've been the most hated kingdom and I did not have one nation that had a worst stance than netural with me.

Victus Succor
23-06-2007, 10:42
After some thought, I think the hatred number comes from how hostile you are to the AI. So, if you never declare war, and only fight on your own lands, never invading other nations territories, I recond this number would be very low.

I think the respected number has not only to do with the number of relations you have, but how you've honoured ones in the past. For instace, honouring an alliance pact, by declaring war on someone your ally asks is likely to make this number go up. Disregarding alliances would probably make this number go down.

So, I can see how one could be the most hated and the most respected at the same time if you are constantly attacking your enemies on their territories, possibly because one of your allies has asked you to.:scratch: