PDA

View Full Version : This Cant Be True!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Blight
27-08-2004, 19:50
WHO MADE THAT BOXSHOT!!!
NO-ONE IS GONNA BUY THE GAME IF THE BOXSHOT IS LIKE THAT!!!
IM A FAN OF KOH, I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, IT ****S!!!
LOOKS LIKE A GAME FOR KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 10!!!

Desingers of the Boxpicture i really advice you to make a more serious boxpic., like stronghold the first(crusade doesnt look that wel either, and KoH is even more worse!)

I really hope there is gonna be some adjustments to it so it wont look funny if I put it between my game collection ;)

Greetz
ps, game is, i think, oke... I cant tell more after ive played :P

Angryminer
27-08-2004, 21:19
Yes it's the actual packshot and 90% of all forum members like it :go: .

Angryminer

Kuno of Gersenau
27-08-2004, 21:40
Yes and some like me f.ex. find it even really great!

PS: You seem to have a problem with your "Caps Lock"...:p

Hector
27-08-2004, 21:46
what boxshot what is he talking about?

Angryminer
27-08-2004, 21:47
He means the packshot (http://www.knights-of-honor.net/gfx/packshot/packshot_t.jpg).

Angryminer

Cork2
27-08-2004, 21:59
WHO MADE THAT BOXSHOT!!!
NO-ONE IS GONNA BUY THE GAME IF THE BOXSHOT IS LIKE THAT!!!
IM A FAN OF KOH, I KNOW WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT, IT ****S!!!
LOOKS LIKE A GAME FOR KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 10!!!

Desingers of the Boxpicture i really advice you to make a more serious boxpic., like stronghold the first(crusade doesnt look that wel either, and KoH is even more worse!)

I really hope there is gonna be some adjustments to it so it wont look funny if I put it between my game collection ;)

Greetz
ps, game is, i think, oke... I cant tell more after ive played :P

OMG people woun't buy the game because of the cover, which looks great i think, they buy the game because of the game play and everything else in the game.

Sir Turylon
27-08-2004, 22:03
OMG people woun't buy the game because of the cover, which looks great i think, they buy the game because of the game play and everything else in the game.
well said. my Texan brother in :cheers:

Finellach
28-08-2004, 00:30
Yeah...:rofl:

Lighthope
28-08-2004, 01:13
people woun't buy the game because of the cover, which looks great i think, they buy the game because of the game play and everything else in the game.

People who don't know the game and don't travel to the KOH website will indeed make an initial decision based on the box cover. That is the point of having a box cover. Otherwise, just have a blank cover with Knights of Honour in bold letters and let that be it. But no. They spent money on art and research to decide what the cover should look like because it does make a difference.

As for me, I have no problems with the box cover. But it isn't eye-catching to me. If I wasn't into medieval games, I might have passed it by.

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - "Hello," lied the politician.

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net

--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org

Cork2
28-08-2004, 01:58
no they don't, people don't go up to the game then say heck no i don't like the cover the game might be bad. They usually pick up the game turn it around and check the pics on the back and read some of the features. Then decide if they still want it.

Lighthope
28-08-2004, 03:20
no they don't, people don't go up to the game then say heck no i don't like the cover the game might be bad. They usually pick up the game turn it around and check the pics on the back and read some of the features. Then decide if they still want it.

People involved in Marketing would most likely disagree with you.

Best,

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, Hmmm....

--== THE DOCTOR WHO AUDIO DRAMAS: http://www.dwad.net

--== Give performance reviews of your boss: http://www.rateyourboss.org

the knightly sword
28-08-2004, 10:24
more then agree with cork :) . how gives a heck what the cover looks like ??????.a real koh fan enjoys the master piece that black sea studios made :rolleyes: .ween people goes to the store do you think they buy the game for its cover :silly: :silly: everyone looks at the back for the pics and features .

Jarlabanke
28-08-2004, 10:59
The first impression lasts...

timurlenk
28-08-2004, 11:40
@ angryminer
90% isnt correct at all - look at the poll how do you like the cover? (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=1787)

@ cork2, sir turylon, finnelach, tksword
if people are not attrqcted by the cover, they will NOT turn it and read features on the back!
john doe customer cant be compared to us, who visit the forum, read magazines and buy the game even there is a blank cover.

its the "duty" of marketing to create the best possible cover for "first impression" buyers.

for me, i dont like the cover, as said many times before. althoufh i will buy koh :bday:
blight's opinion fits - cover for a kid game :cheers:

and last but not least, folks:
for me, i want the best for koh - thats the reason for critisizing the cover. its not for my satisfaction :hug:

Angryminer
28-08-2004, 12:46
Okay, I admit that 90% isn't correct.
Let's pick up the calculator...
But 85% percent don't dislike it.

Angryminer

the knightly sword
28-08-2004, 13:12
im okay with the cover.dont care how it looks like because im gonna enjoy the game not the cover

@timurlenk, there is other ways to attrq people =internet , game magzines .
in sweden 100000 of our poplation reads monthly game magzines (with tons of news) . and there is internet =world wide web .wich can be used to spread every little new details in .

if those 2 major ways wont attrqt people then i am an uber idiot

timurlenk
28-08-2004, 14:57
Okay, I admit that 90% isn't correct.
Let's pick up the calculator...
But 85% percent don't dislike it.

Angryminer

:D
but only about 50% think its good or better, the others think its just ok or worse.
as always a question of pov :cheers:

@ tksword
of course, a company which marketing strategy is to get customers only by great boxshot design, will fail ;(

i blo*** fu***ng also dont care about the cover - if the demo is good, i will buy.
im talking about people, who dont inform about games in internet magazines or whatever wherever whenever. for those you need an eyecatching boxshot / cover.
marketing isnt a question of personal like or dislike!

Lord Cool
28-08-2004, 16:31
i find the cover is bull****. koh has more earned as this cover!

hase957
28-08-2004, 16:52
for me it ist just the cover. nothing else. I won't look at the cover while playing the game.
i think it is ok. nothing special but ok.

Jarlabanke
28-08-2004, 16:52
We've 9 000 000 people in Sweden, making a million 1/9, and I seriously don't belive that there are 1 million reading gaming magazines here.